this sickenes me

B

BIG61AL

We always use pound puppies or someone that breeds dogs in small safe numbers. Got my full blood chihuahua for free [read that as a not for profeit operation but a true love of dogs] at a private breeder. My pug chihuahua mix is from the pound. I have always felt I saved their lives and can live long full loving lives. The mall puppy shops are supplied by puppy mills with sick, abused dogs. Never use them maybe they will go out of business.

OP
OP
treasureace14

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
BIG61AL said:
Never use them maybe they will go out of business.
but people dont understand that so theyll never go pout of buesness.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
People are bound to go 'over the top' in just about any business.

I think most breeders are very concerned about conditions.

Even the little old ladies, who pop up in the news from time to time, with a wonderful upscale home....
just absolutely stuffed with animals THEY rescued from a certain death are just doing the best they can.
Then things go way overboard.

Not too long ago a woman had somewhere around 150 critters in her home...
It was not good.

rmptr

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
It's very easy to go way over top when you love animals.

My wife and I have 17 dogs that were all rescued from the streets. Sick, beaten, starving, disabled, blind, lame.... We try to take in the animals that want help and are in bad condition, but we usually end up with perfectly healthy dogs in the process which we find good homes for. BUT, when we bring these dogs in the first thing we do is get them fixed and get them all of their shots and new tags. These are three of the biggest things that people don't consider when they decide they want to start an impropmtu dog shelter.

They'll go out and bring in evey animal they can find, convinced they're helping the situation, but either lack the funds or the knowledge to make sure they don't get sick and die or, just as bad, start reproducing and creating further problems with unwanted dogs.

Of course, if people were more educated and committed to a pet before they go out and buy/rescue them from a shelter, even this problem would slowly heal itself.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
af1733 said:

My wife and I have 17 dogs that were all rescued from the streets. Sick, beaten, starving, disabled, blind, lame.... We try to take in the animals that want help and are in bad condition, but we usually end up with perfectly healthy dogs in the process which we find good homes for. BUT, when we bring these dogs in the first thing we do is get them fixed and get them all of their shots and new tags. These are three of the biggest things that people don't consider when they decide they want to start an impropmtu dog shelter.

They'll go out and bring in evey animal they can find, convinced they're helping the situation, but either lack the funds or the knowledge to make sure they don't get sick and die or, just as bad, start reproducing and creating further problems with unwanted dogs.

Of course, if people were more educated and committed to a pet before they go out and buy/rescue them from a shelter, even this problem would slowly heal itself.

I salute you sir,
Your heart is a big one.
I have four Large ones myself (all rescues)
and they show me everyday how grateful they are just to be loved.

Thom

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Old Dog said:
af1733 said:

I salute you sir,
Your heart is a big one.

Thom
Kudos, my brother in arms!! :thumbsup:

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
af1733 said:
Old Dog said:
af1733 said:

I salute you sir,
Your heart is a big one.

Thom
Kudos, my brother in arms!! :thumbsup:

Well done. Thank goodness there are kind and intelligent people such as you, in this World. I should add 'brave' as well, with the numbers you have rescued :o

Meet our Puggi, rescued by my son from a pound.
Puggi.2 web small.JPG

Mike

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Triki,
Puggi looks very pleased with his situation.

Here are my four
Saasha is the husky,
Noel is the Shepherd,
Tank is the old Boxer...Hunkered down in my wife's lap
and Brooke is our Yellow lab..

I have been very lucky as their ability to get on with each other is phenomenal.
And they love my Grand kids.

Thom

Attachments

• Saasha 008.jpg
    Saasha 008.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Saasha 003.jpg
    Saasha 003.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Saasha 007.jpg
    Saasha 007.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Saasha 008.jpg
    Saasha 008.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Saasha 003.jpg
    Saasha 003.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Saasha 007.jpg
    Saasha 007.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 159

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beutiful dogs! I like the Husky, they are kinda cool. :thumbsup:

And cheers for saving the dogs!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Thanks guys,
Two were rescues from sad situations.
They both had Heartworms and were almost terminal.
One was abused beyond the pale, she had frost bite and was less than half the weight she is now.

I do the best I can by them.
I do tend to get a bit emotional about horses as well.
we rescue the equines as well, when we can.

God did give us dominion over these creatures,
but he never gave us a right to abuse them.
Thom

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Old Dog said:
Thanks guys,
Two were rescues from sad situations.
They both had Heartworms and were almost terminal.
One was abused beyond the pale, she had frost bite and was less than half the weight she is now.

I do the best I can by them.
I do tend to get a bit emotional about horses as well.
we rescue the equines as well, when we can.

God did give us dominion over these creatures,
but he never gave us a right to abuse them.

Thom
Damm right, Old Dog! The more people realize this, the quicker we can end the abuse!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread