BGPirate from Tampa

BGPirate

Jul 29, 2011
I'm new to this site happened upon it while doing a search on Tampa Treasure Hunters or somethin 'round abouts that. Like I said I'm new to the site but I've been digging since I was quite young. My late Grandfather got my interest peeked in detecting and diggin when I was young. I still have his old detector and the one that my parents got me for a birthday long since passed. My grandmother has a stash of coins in her own collection while I have mainly wheaties because they are easy enough to find and come a dime a dozen on ebay when your younger and have folks to buy cache's of them for ya!

When we moved down here I'd never thought of what I'd find here... infact my mind was on other things but since the time we moved I've found quite a collection! Among my first diggings I found an old graveyard vase which I sometimes call an urn... no idea why I do that! I've also uncovered what appears to either be some kind of cannon training round or just a plain old cannon ball. Digging in near the same splotch of dirt that I had found the vase I've found some manner of large pole... not quite sure what it is fully since I've never been able to get it out of the ground or been able to dig around it fully.

I've found a few other interesting artifacts such as an old button my first and only semi dug silver coin [a 5 centavo piece from Mexico] cause it was hidden under some shingling from an old building. I've also found numerous marbles when I was younger along with old cola bottles. I've found a large crystal in my backyard it seems to be quarts and I have a very good feeling that it is indeed. These are among a few other things that I've found around my area and inside my own yard.

I've seen some pictures of the clubs around here... admittedly I feel rather young... I'm only 23 and yet most of the people in the pictures I've seen seem to be very much older not to say that age is any determination on a hunters effectiveness but I just feel rather out of place looking at the folks in the pictures.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BGPirate,

Welcome to Treasure Net.

Thanks for talking about your finds. I don't think that age really means anything around here, just that treasure hunting isn't a hobby that many kids pick up. When you're young, we usually look for things that are faster paced. For me it was only a little interest until several years ago, when I was already 40ish.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread