BH Land Star

slotman

Oct 30, 2005
edgewood, washington
Detector(s) used
garrett gti 2500,Tesoro, Bounty hunter
Hi! I have the Bounty Hunter Land Star and have been using it for about a year, im quite happy with it for the price, this month I ordered the 4" coil to try and it was quite an improvement when hunting the local park, lots of false and mixed signals as the park is quite trashy when I used the 8" coil, I tryed the 4" coil and had 16 clads in 45 min, I am still learning to adjust it for what I want it to do, but thats not the fault of the detector, its me....the only negitive thing I can think to mention is its not as comfortable to hold as another detector I have, to me the difference in the angles to which the handle is bent, after using it all this time, I would still buy it, but someday im going to get my Minelab! ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Slotman :)

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
I've got a BH LandStar also. One other thing I would comment is that the display is hard to see unless the lighting is just right. The display is small, and also tends to get obscured with dust. I carry a small paint brush to brush off the display so I can see it a little better. Since this is my first detector, I don't know how it compares with other units, but I have been reading all the comments I can from people who own other models, and defiinitely plan on replacing it some day with a White's or a Garrett.
Bob

OP
OP
slotman

slotman

Oct 30, 2005
edgewood, washington
Detector(s) used
garrett gti 2500,Tesoro, Bounty hunter
Hard to say how much depth was lost for coin hunting by switching to the 4 inch, im thinking a couple of inches but its much easier to pinpoint with it,for the price of the 4 inch its totally worth it!, also I agree with HOBBOB the display is hard to see sometimes but part of it im blaming on my own eyes:)
Slotman

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I lost any depth with the 4", just realize the signal is cone shaped and much smaller. Monty

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The display is very hard to see....Do any of you have any trouble ground balancing this unit??? any tips, i never can seem to get mine right, and then I just use it in the Disc mode, I know im loosing depth here...Any help would be great, Thanks, Tom

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's not much mineralization around here so I just let auto ground balance handle that chore. Monty

joseramon

Greenie
May 6, 2006
I sold my Bounty Hunter Land Star. I had it for half a year. What I didnt like at all was the little spot that appears when you have to replace the batteries, you can hardly see it!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh..I have never seen any little spots when changing batteries. You had some kind of malfunction I'd be willing to bet. But if you sold it it don't matter now! Monty

calg

Dec 16, 2007
I, used a Land Star for 7 years and changed to a fisher 1236x2 for a a couple of years. While I like the fisher, the Land Star is my favorite. I have owned whites,tesoro,garretts also and they are all good machines. The Land Star is my favorite of all. I like the notch mode the best and did 80% of my hunting in that mode. I found more rings with Land Star than with any other detector and it fits my style more than any other detector. I will buy another detector soon and it will be a Land Star. Cal

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, come to think of it I'm pretty sure I found most of my rings with the Land Ranger I had. I practically gave mine away, but the buyer was really wanting to get into metal detecting and I relented and let it go cheap. Now I miss it, almost as much as that darn dog tht dug up my coin garden and ran off. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread