BH Sharpshooter II ground balance issue

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you need to lower the sensitivity a bit.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ok are you near power lines (over head or under ground) or in a highly mineralized area ? both can cause "issues"--- if so lower your sensitivity (power) level --- your running too "hot" or sensitive for the area ---remember all metal mode while the "deepest" seeking mode (is also most touchy mode) -- nearby by power sources and powere leakage from them called EMF ( electro magnetic feild) can bother the detectors "electrical feild" it uses to detect metal --- turn down the sensitivity so that it does not "pick up" on these things --while it will decrease the detectors depth range a bit it will make it usible ---in certain extreme bad places you can not "adjust enough" with a preset ground balance machine to get past it --for those places you need a manually ground balancible machine to work them properly. (thankfully most areas are not like that.) and by adjusting the sensitivity levels you can work them in many cases.

if the sensitivity level adjustments alone will not work -- you can try very slowly uping your discrimation level a small bit (often soils have high iron content --since iron is the first thing to drop out when you up the discrimation level--- moving the discrimation up a bit can help some in trying to cope with high iron soils)--- note all metal mode is "not" adjustible for "discrimation" you must be in dicrimate mode to do that.

OP
OP
CRAZY-TEXICAN

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
Looks like Mr Ivan was right, i took it to a diferent park and no more funky noises, the ground balance is working great and i am getting signals at great depths, I was too close to some high voltage power lines . I will be doing some more coinshooting this weekend :) ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread