BH Sharpshooter II , need your opinions

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
My backup detector (tracker IV ) went south ( i ran over the coil and plastic rod with my truck) so i decided to look for another one and found me a non working sharpshooter II on Craig's for $75 , i figured that the coil and plastic rod would cost me at least that much so i decided to get it just for the parts .. Anyhow, i found out that a wire going to one of the batteries was separated from the plug so i soldered it back and guess what, it works!! are they any good compared to my ACE 250 ??? I gave a test on my test patch and it goes wicked deep on coins and i love the "pinpoint" mode, pretty accurate on the Id's as well .. Any advise is appreciated :) ..

A.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
It's a great machine! Just take the time to get to know what it's telling you and you will be impressed.

OP
OP
CRAZY-TEXICAN

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
well i took it out yesterday and so far so good, it takes about 30 seconds after i turn it on to start actually detecting but after that its not that bad .. The pinpoint system seems to give it a little extra boost on depth , i wish it was a PI LOL!!! ::)

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
CRAZY-TEXICAN, SHARP SHOOTER IS A GOOD MACHINE. HAS GOOD DEPTH, RARELY MISSES TARGETS. I DON'T LIKE THE GROUND BAL, PINPIONT BUTON EITHER. ALSO IS YOUR LOWER SHAFT CONNECTED TO THE COIL LOSE. MINE IS AND IT KINDA BOTHERS WHEN SWINGIN IT. MY SON USES IT NOW TILL HIS ACE 250 COMES IN. IT TO IS MY BACK UP DETECTOR. BUT FOR $75 BUCKS, CAN'T BEAT IT. IM GONNA CHECK CRAIGS LIST TODAY.

POKERDAD911

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
In my opinion the Sharp Shooter II is way better then the ACE 250. I own both of them. The ACE doesn't get crap on depth, but it's really really good on Target ID and pinpoint. But I am a huge BH fan and say Sharp Shooter all the way.

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
Guys don't get me wrong BH is an awesome machine, It was my first one before my Whites IDX Pro. Which is awesome. There is nothing bad about that machine. Only thing I wish BH would do is make a smaller housing for the controls. One more thing. BH finds dimes all day. As for the Ace 250, it has good depth here. 3 and 4 inches my kids is finding coins. Thats with a sniper coil. Good luck.

donny_n_mo

Jan 6, 2008
Mexico,Missouri
The sharpshooter II was my first detector and all i got to say its a clad magnet.I took it out the other day first time in almost 2 years and found silver a 1875 Seated Dime.
IMG_0010.jpg

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Sharpshooter is a great Machine. I use my for a backup machine. I just got a 4" coil for it and I been trying to find out if anybody has used one. I want to take it out this weekend and see how it works......Matt

j2digger

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2010
Ponca City, OK
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SharpShooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What settings are you guys using on the Sharpshooter II?
Btw, I got mine last year for Christmas. I haven't swung it much but I intend to get some swing time in before it gets too cold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread