Biden Calls Republicans Neanderthals

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Biden Calls Republicans 'Neanderthals'

Biden Calls Republicans 'Neanderthals' | The Weekly Standard

Says he understands 'the Senate better than any man or women who's ever served in there.'

Vice President Joe Biden said Repulican opposition to the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) in the House of Representatives came from the "Neanderthal crowd." And he gave himself credit for coming up with the law almost 20 years ago.

"Packed into the front room of the Vice President's residence just before 7pm, Biden spoke for about half an hour to the crowd of several dozen people, most of whom played a role in making VAWA a reality. The room was full of chatter as Biden was standing at the mic waiting to talk, so he turned around and let out a piercingly loud whistle, and the room went quiet. He talked about when he first came up with the idea for VAWA legislation in the early 1990s," according to the pool report from an event last night.

"I caused a lot of trouble because I just started writing," Biden said to laughs. "I'm serious. This isn't one of these cases, I didn't ask for staff help, I didn't ask for any help, I was so God darn-- gosh darn mad."

Biden said everyone in the room has helped to save other people's lives through VAWA -- "that's not hyperbole, that's a fact" -- and that they should look back on that reality with pride. He said he's traveled 800,000 miles as vice president (!), and that he's seen how VAWA has had an impact on other nations too.

"It's been "absolutely fascinating to see the ripple effect of this little old Act we passed 19 years ago," he said.

Biden talked about his days as a Delaware senator, working with police, prosecutors and corporations in his home state to try to change the culture of silence around domestic violence.

"I literally asked for a summit of all the judges in the state. And because I chaired the Judiciary Committee, they were worried they'd never be elevated," he said to laughs. "All kidding aside ... literally every judge in the state but one or two showed up. We laid out ... literally what we expected of them. And things began to change."

Then Biden attacked Republicans:

The vice president said he was "stunned" that House Republicans put up a months-long fight over reauthorizing VAWA earlier this year. Up until this Congress, VAWA reauthorization has been a routine, bipartisan process. This time around, House Republicans held up the bill for months over its new protections for Native American, immigrant and LGBT victims of abuse. The bill eventually passed in February.

"I'm going to say something outrageous," Biden said, with his aides in the room surely cringing. "I think I understand the Senate better than any man or women who's ever served in there, and I think I understand the House ... I was surprised this last time ... The idea we still had to fight? We had to fight to reauthorize?"

Biden blamed "this sort of Neanderthal crowd" in the House for stalling the legislation.

"Did you ever think we'd be fighting over, you know, 17, 18 years later to reauthorize this?" he asked, to audible "no's" in the audience. "Well, you know what? The thing they didn't like, they said we like it the way it is [without the new protections added in] -- believe me, they don't."

Biden recalled how some Republicans accused Democrats of trying to push the envelope too far on VAWA by adding protections for those three groups. He credited women in the Senate with keeping the pressure on Republicans to accept the changes.

"It makes a difference with women in the Senate," he said to applause. "It does. It does, man ... Because they go and look all the rest of those guys in the eye and say, 'Look. This is important to me.'"

The tribal provision in VAWA was arguably its biggest sticking point; some Republicans argued it wouldn't be constitutional to grant tribal courts the ability to prosecute domestic abusers who were non-Native but living on tribal lands with their spouses. Biden laughed off that argument.

"Constitutional violation? Yeah, come on!" he said to cheers.

As for GOP opposition to adding protections for LGBT victims of abuse, he said it's not that people are homophobic, but that they need to be educated on the subject. Speaking of LGBT issues, he recalled an incident last year where he "went off script" in declaring his support for same-sex marriage – in the midst of a presidential election, and when President Obama hadn't yet gone there.

"I make no apologies on the issue of marriage," he said.

Biden had been talking for nearly 25 minutes now, and someone must have given him the signal to cut it off because he abruptly stopped and apologized for still talking

"I'm sorry to go on, but I'm so proud of you," he said to laughs. One woman shouted, "No!" "Keep going!" said someone else.

Alas, he wrapped up minutes later. He thanked the room for their years of work on VAWA and told them, with his voice just above a whisper, that there is "nothing, nothing, nothing I've ever been engaged in matters to me more that what you've made real."

Pool was ushered out immediately. But not before your pooler watched Biden disappear into the crowd, and then reappear back at mic and announced that anyone who is "fool enough to want a picture" with him can come into the back room with a photographer.

Other notes: Jill Biden spoke briefly at the beginning, talked about visiting with women in various countries and being inspired by their strength and successes. Mood of the room was somewhat giddy. Waiters were walking around with glasses of wine and trays of sliced figs with a tiny piece of cheese on top. A handful of lawmakers were in attendance, including Sens. Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Chris Coons (D-Del.) and Amy Klobuchar (D- Minn.), along with Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.). Coons' mom was there too.

That's a wrap. Literally.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
and that means so much coming from Joe Biden (the Democratic poster child) - such a shame...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only they could do something about the war on women being waged by the Dems.

And the ripple effect throughout the world, ask women and gays in the middle east. Check with the rape gangs in India.

Ask Putin what he thinks.

Weiner sends selfies, obviously his wife is the light of his life.

Spitzer, client #9

Bob Filner, ex-mayor of San Diego

Good old Bill Clinton, what is your definition of "is"?

Yes I know this list could go forever, but the fact that these guys claim to be the champion of women, and apparently some women believe it, is scary. And frankly they overrate any endeavor they are attached to. For the "optics".

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biden is just a dumbed down version of Jeff Dunham's Walter

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Old Biden has stuck his clubbed foot into his mouth more than once and HE's talking about intelligent people?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pelosi is his party's leader so I suppose he thinks that dimwit is intelligent as well. If I had to call Pelosi my "leader" and Biden intelligent I'd have to admit Bloomberg and Feinstein know everything about guns as well. What a pathetic group!!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image-1632814253.jpg
    image-1632814253.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I've found it! Or wait could this be the missing link we've been looking for?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379439907323.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379439907323.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 55

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pelosi is his party's leader so I suppose he thinks that dimwit is intelligent as well. If I had to call Pelosi my "leader" and Biden intelligent I'd have to admit Bloomberg and Feinstein know everything about guns as well. What a pathetic group!!
Rising stars in the dem party;
Hank Johnson,, “My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.”
This is a pretty good list,, but it falls so woefully short of the mountains of inept leadership shown by the left. I can't understand why anyone votes for them?

Bookworm Room » Democrat gaffes, nastiness, and sheer ignorance ? just a few highlights from the Democrat side of the aisle

And another,
50 Dumb Liberal Quotes | The Stir
1. Sheryl Crow on Environmentalism: "I propose a limitation be put on how many sqares [sic] of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.'"
2. Joe Biden on culturalism: "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread