Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose....rain! What rain. That is liquid sunshine I said to myself since no one was around as I awaited the arrival of Navy Davy, who as always was early!

No hotel, motel nor Holiday Inn.......just a coffee and we were at the Dingle. Of course my beloved Garrett Freedom 3 Plus was chattering as loud as a group of ladies at a basement sale. How loud ...like a bunch of seagulls following a trawler that is filleting fish and throwing the guts overboard! Yes that loud. Felt like wrapping my machine around the trunk of the closest pine. Too boot I was foul as my injured shoulder was as painfull as sliding down a 50 foor razor blade and falling into a pool of iodine. I know ...whine...whine! I can see this is going to be a great ball season.

Anyway ND was hitting coins left and right while this banschee was cursing so bad that 50 "Hail Mary's" would have to be said at mass. Hit a 1934 big 5 and then the Brit George 3 shilling that was as thin as the hair on top of dis bouys head. Silver is silver. I quit.....just then the rain really started coming down as bad as the water coming into one of those old Brit subs our navy brought .

Shoulder was screwed but found the cure!
P5050031-1.jpg

Not sure of ND's count but he was well on the way to quota and big kudos fur putting up with me whining and complaining.

My meager take with a machine that was acting up as bad as I.
P5050029.jpg

Great news though.............HAVE A NEW TO ME FREEDOM 3 PLUS COMING IN THE MAIL..........THANK YOU SAINT DIGALOT....THE PATRON SAINT OF METAL DETECTORIST!

Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice post Les! You always manage to end the day with some neat stuff! :thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice finds. What is wrong with your shoulder? The chattering is probably caused by a bad coil. Garrett machines sometimes get cracks in the coil and when they get wet they make a lot of noise.
Good luck
Dman

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yo Leslie, there can't be any coins left there as you, Navy Davy, and Marie have found them all. What or where is a "dingle"? If I keep reading your posts, I hope I'll eventyually catch on to the language-LOL. Nice coins and HH Bud, Quindy.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Yo Leslie, there can't be any coins left there as you, Navy Davy, and Marie have found them all. What or where is a "dingle"? If I keep reading your posts, I hope I'll eventyually catch on to the language-LOL. Nice coins and HH Bud, Quindy.

I've hunted "The Dingle" myself and I don't think that area will ever dry up.

It's a park in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The Dingle is a tower in that park.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions