OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kruger.....I think it is safe to say you have had some interaction with mountain lions. Beautiful animals. Little scary but beautiful.:icon_pale:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kruger.....I think it is safe to say you have had some interaction with mountain lions. Beautiful animals. Little scary but beautiful.:icon_pale:

..........just a couple :laughing7: The study of them has been my life

8.jpg

Phanntom

Oct 21, 2012
Retired and traveling
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di Pro SL
Whites Goldmaster II vSat
Whites Prizim 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love all the big cats, but be careful what you wish for. Having lived much of my life in S.Cal where they're prominent...they're a big hazzard especially to small children. There have been several attacks on children when they've been hiking in an Orange Country regional park. There were two attacks in the mountains above the Rose Bowl a few years ago. A woman mountain biking with a friend was attacked. The cat had her whole head in its mouth and was trying to drag her off. Her riding partner had her by the feet and it was a tug of war that went on for some time...finally a couple guys came along on their bikes and joined in the tug of war and one finally ran it off a little ways by throwing his bike at it. Then while the chopper was circling as they were preparing her for the lift....they spotted another bike 100 yrd up the trail...another male adult biker had already been killed. This lady's story was featured on one of the reality tv shows...she said she didn't even see it until the light disappeared when it blocked it out in its jump onto her from the rocks above. The 3 others involved in the tug of war said on the show they were amazed at how strong the cat was...it was able to outpull the 3 of them...it had a good grip on her head so had all four feet to work with. It made a mess out of her, but she was one lucky lady to have simply survived the attack, even with help. Ultimately they tracked it down and killed it....sad ending for both.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
We have bunches in Texas again and some very close to San Antonio, many more to the north and west. In the 70's, the U.S. government started protecting them at the Black Gap Wildlife Refuge next to Big Bend National Park. Big Bend now has a problem. Take a look online at the Lion warning signs they have to post so the kids won't get eaten. I have a friend who has one that sits and waits for him to put his garbage out on his place outside of Kerrville. Then it walks over to check it out. Stays about ten yards from him. It is very dark in color, but is a full grown male mountain lion that we have named Lazy. It has it's route, but dogs and cats sometimes disappear in the area. Black bears are back too. There was one about 15 miles from me outside Boerne. I love having them back. I guess the drought brought them in from the mountains in Mexico. And I guess I better explain, yes, we(my friend mostly) feeds him.

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I saw my first one here in WV in 1963 . I was on a deer stand overlooking an open field and there was no mistake . Possum Cops here denied their existance until the past few years . Now it is illegal to shoot this animal that doesn't exist in WV :icon_scratch: Same thing with black bears in my county until 2 years ago when the DNR opened an archery and a gun season on them .
>There were no coyotes , either , until they established hunting regulations for them .
:icon_scratch: Ya gotta have a regulation before they exist ?

Hawgwild

Oct 29, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We live in the country in northwest Louisiana. Our neighbor swore she saw two black panthers about 30-40 years ago when they first moved into the area. She is a person that wouldn't tell a yarn.. Kids and adults have swore they saw one a little south of Shreveport also.

Big cats are being seen in Louisiana. One cougar (the four legged kind) made it's way into a Shreveport/Bossier neighborhood a few years back and was spotted in a tree. They tried to dart it but when it appeared it was coming out of the tree officials had to shoot it. Beautiful animal and a shame that that had to happen. Wildlife agents determined it was a wild cougar and not one that had escaped or released from captivity.

Beautiful pic of the cougar Silver Searcher. Magnificent animal.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
The conservation agency here in MO kept telling us we didn't have any big cats, til a neighbor showed a pic of one in her garden, right behind her. they also found a calf up a tree, now I don't think calves can levitate yet, 'specially when half eaten. Then last yr I saw one run across the road in front of me. Also saw my first MO bobcat, they are huge!
I am very glad to see them back. yes we have to be careful cuz they are dangerous, but the deer population here exceeds the food crops for them. which causes diseases.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,Yall are makin me laugh!!!Black Panthers are not a breed!!!The chances of two being together is like being struck by lightning and winning the Lotto in the same day!!I can not recall ever even hearing of a sighting of one in the wild west of the Mississ. which is where the majority of the US Mt. Lion population exists!Also,cats drag prey up into trees in Africa where there is bigger animals to steal the prey.....here lions are pretty much the top dog....I have never ever heard or seen of a lion dragging prey up into a tree....goes against anything they do,and how they feed

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We live in the country in northwest Louisiana. Our neighbor swore she saw two black panthers about 30-40 years ago when they first moved into the area. She is a person that wouldn't tell a yarn.. Kids and adults have swore they saw one a little south of Shreveport also.

Big cats are being seen in Louisiana. One cougar (the four legged kind) made it's way into a Shreveport/Bossier neighborhood a few years back and was spotted in a tree. They tried to dart it but when it appeared it was coming out of the tree officials had to shoot it. Beautiful animal and a shame that that had to happen. Wildlife agents determined it was a wild cougar and not one that had escaped or released from captivity.

Beautiful pic of the cougar Silver Searcher. Magnificent animal.

????What picture did Colin put up????????

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh come on your'e just jealous because you don't have any Black Panthers in Californy. We have all the black ones here in the South and we are keeping them. :))

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,Yall are makin me laugh!!!Black Panthers are not a breed!!!The chances of two being together is like being struck by lightning and winning the Lotto in the same day!!I can not recall ever even hearing of a sighting of one in the wild west of the Mississ. which is where the majority of the US Mt. Lion population exists!Also,cats drag prey up into trees in Africa where there is bigger animals to steal the prey.....here lions are pretty much the top dog....I have never ever heard or seen of a lion dragging prey up into a tree....goes against anything they do,and how they feed
:thumbsup: Black panther - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you people should listen to what Kuger has to say, you might learn something and save on a nasty experience one day.

SS

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh come on your'e just jealous because you don't have any Black Panthers in Californy. We have all the black ones here in the South and we are keeping them. :))

HA!HA!!What?Dont ya know we are famous for THE BLACK PANTHERS....amongst many other things.....:laughing7:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Black panther - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you people should listen to what Kuger has to say, you might learn something and save on a nasty experience one day.

SS

Thanks my friend,I have picked up a thing or two during my life with these critters and one is a huge RESPECT!!I have been "afraid",very few times,but always aware.As has been said,they attack from the back,and you will never know it is coming.I have worked several human fatalities including the one mentioned above,and it is tragic.A lot more goes on behind the scenes...especially in this State than people know.A great number of lions are killed in the name of Public Safety that the public seldom hears about....unfortunate,but necessary as there at present time an imbalance of human population vs wildlife control.If it were not for the animals removed that are,there would be at least a fatality every year/every other year.....that is fact.
Every lion in the pictures above was collared and released

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks my friend,I have picked up a thing or two during my life with these critters and one is a huge RESPECT!!I have been "afraid",very few times,but always aware.As has been said,they attack from the back,and you will never know it is coming.I have worked several human fatalities including the one mentioned above,and it is tragic.A lot more goes on behind the scenes...especially in this State than people know.A great number of lions are killed in the name of Public Safety that the public seldom hears about....unfortunate,but necessary as there at present time an imbalance of human population vs wildlife control.If it were not for the animals removed that are,there would be at least a fatality every year/every other year.....that is fact.
Every lion in the pictures above was collared and released
Do you remember this one, AMAZING pictures... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/30044-dogs-vs-cat-amazing-pics.html

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed that thread Colin,but ......unfortunately have been in that situation myself......my dogs are members of my family and through the years I have lost more than one...never easy,but the cat did what it had to do,and the dogs were doing what they loved to do
treed.jpg

chiliavatar.jpg

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ha ha, it's a reality check when you realize you are no longer at the top of the food chain....been seeing them here in Campbell county for years, we quit telling about them because we were made fun of

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions