Big Favor To Ask

mrlindeman

Feb 6, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:hello:
I was wondering if someone could post a picture of one of the taller glass vials filled with water with 1 Gram of placer gold in it for me? Preferably 20- size if possible. See my prob is im trying to get an idea of the amount of gold i got on my last trip to estimate value per cubic yard. I think it is between
0.80 or possibly 1 gram that i recovered from 20 gallons of unclassified material i ran through my sluice. It was a great day for sure. I know this is prob a pain but I have no way to get a scale for quite some time. Thanks a bunch in advance. :notworthy:

Upvote 0

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Harbor Freight sells great little scales. The pocket scale I bought was only 13.99 and it weighs pennyweight, gram and ounces. Very accurate. If there is not a store near you go to their website they ship.
Steve

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-2616500582.jpg ...that's 1.84 grams in a 1/2 oz vial. I would say 1 gram is about the thickness of a dime when it's in the vial. I think that's about as accurate as you will get visually. Find someone who uses a scale to weigh out their pot or whatever ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mrlindeman

Feb 6, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That seems to be about right. Thanks Kevin. I will post some pics soon hopefully. Been busy workin and runnin material while the river is down.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Kevin & mrlinden. I have been wondering the same thing about my gold. I did a SWAG based on what I have seen in previous pics. .25 grams and that looks about right.
No where to go but up, right? I'm going to have to work a lot smarter & more often this year to justify any more $$$... even a $14 scale.8-)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Kevin & mrlinden. I have been wondering the same thing about my gold. I did a SWAG based on what I have seen in previous pics. .25 grams and that looks about right. No where to go but up, right? I'm going to have to work a lot smarter & more often this year to justify any more $$$... even a $14 scale.8-)
.25 g is a good start...now you just have to find a hotspot that produces .25g per visit! (Those spots do exist, even where the gold is small it gathers in key spots)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions