Big ole fake surfaces again.

S

stefen

Perhaps you can enlighten those that are not familar with "BIG OLD FAKE"...or "STEVE HAMM"...

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but I heard that piece sold, I heard some ppl say it was real and some not. I wonder what it sold for?

OP
OP
Edmundruffin

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Groundhawk for metal, eyeballs for stone
Perhaps you can enlighten those that are not familar with "BIG OLD FAKE"...or "STEVE HAMM"...

I just found Parsons, TN on the net, I came across this searching craigslist looking to sell a big sport card collection. I saw this at the KY Dam show and it was a no brainer reproduction. Then for some reason it papers by Davis and Rogers. It was deemed a fake by several others collectors. Rumor was someone salted the finders site. My real question was is this Hamm a real person or is this a play on words. Like it would thak a real ham..... to believe this point is authentic? As a reproduction it is a real work of art, papered and sold as real makes it a fake instead of a reproduction. All of the last is of course my personal opinion.

Last edited:
S

stefen

Isn't it slander when a subject title implies its a fake, yet you're not able to substantiated this fact?

OP
OP
Edmundruffin

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
I must have hit a nerve with you. Your wrong, slander is spoken, lible is written. If you are one of those few out there who believe this "MONSTER" is ancient you are also a Ham.... I was posting to the play on words with the name. If this post is out of line, report it and have it pulled. Get over yourself.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when he found that. We have a long thread on it here as to it's authenticity. People showed many like finds but something about his story always seemed staged to me. Maybe it was the pictures of him going back to the creek and standing there . Wonder what they are asking. I would love to find the old post on it here. And now it is on craigslist.

S

stefen

I must have hit a nerve with you. Your wrong, slander is spoken, lible is written. If you are one of those few out there who believe this "MONSTER" is ancient you are also a Ham.... I was posting to the play on words with the name. If this post is out of line, report it and have it pulled. Get over yourself.

The Title of your original post is in dispute.

Your posting on the play on words is not the issue.

I asked if you could provide additional info because this looked like an interesting subject.

You responded with an opinion...

Can you backup what you've implied...apparently not.

OP
OP
Edmundruffin

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
The worlds largest Clovis is on craigslist, not in the hands of one of several millionaire collectors?? Apply a little logic and common sense.
My question has been answered, Steve Hamm is a real person. A small time buyer and seller around the Lexington - Parsons Tennessee area.
I also would like to know the terms and price, but that's none of my business. Larger than life reproductions bring ten to fifteen dollars an inch at the Memphis flea market.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
28s_1_.jpeg

OP
OP
Edmundruffin

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Jeez, what is the material are those honkers of? Looks like some kind of obsidian.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly.. I have no clue. I was doing some research a few days ago and saw those things... I saved the photo thinking they would fit into a conversation at some point.... didn't take long.

OP
OP
Edmundruffin

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Taking a second look that has to be photoshop. Dudes right arm from sholder to elbow would have to be two feet long, or more?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Title of your original post is in dispute.

Your posting on the play on words is not the issue.

I asked if you could provide additional info because this looked like an interesting subject.

You responded with an opinion...

Can you backup what you've implied...apparently not.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/north-american-artifacts/180088-new-record-clovis.html

This was he was speaking of and now it is on Craigslist. :tongue3: I think that spoke for itself if you had read all the post posted. He probably assumed most of the artifact community was aware of the new record clovis some time ago.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
This post has jump around a bit but if you are asking what kind of material the two large blades are made out of it's mahogany obsidian.

Emory Coons from Burns, Oregon is known as a big blade maker and has made a record 47" long blade out of obsidian. Google his name for more info.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Edmundruffin

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Wow, go read the first page of his store. This guy has a pattern of acquiring large clovis points. Check out "Rockeytopps" looks like a little brother to "Monster". Hummmm.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread