rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am probably spoiled and should be grateful I found something today. I know a lot of you cant even go on a hunt cause of the cold and snow. It was 40s today and windy, kinda cold but it was nice to be able to get out. I got a lot of brokes as usual but did manage to find 1 quartz point and it aint pretty either. I found some tools made from flint and 1 small chopper or scraper. I just found out my bag had a whole in it and am missing one. Ill look and add it when I find it. I dont know the type of Indian point it is. Found in North Ga. The piece next to the point has a flute on it. Thanks, rock

Attachments

• 100_2581.JPG
    100_2581.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_2582.JPG
    100_2582.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I had lost the best one. But here it is. It is made from flint and has a graver/ spur tip on it. Looks like an old tool to me.

Attachments

• 100_2584.JPG
    100_2584.JPG
    318.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_2586.JPG
    100_2586.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out rock.There is bound to be more if you are finding all of that :thumbsup: Good worked material.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good show,but when i find them i never let them touch each other as they would in a bag.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it is a good thing you dont see where I put them when I find them. They go straight in my pocket. One pocket for brokes and one for good ones. I always forget to bring something to put them in cause I am walking a couple of miles every time I get to go. So how do you keep yours when you are walking jamey?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch.... I sure hope you come up with something better than that before you find a real nice point and jam it in your pocket to grind and clank together with other stone for a couple miles. Try one of those Fanny packs or a light back pack. I usually have a rag or cut up an old shirt so I can wrap them in it so they don't hit eachother. The sound of Flint banging together when its my finds making the noise makes me cringe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If and when I find a good artifact I will probably just hold it in my hand and run to my truck.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha.. right! Just don't lay it in your lap while driving...then get out of the truck forgetting it was in your lap... that ends badly sometimes.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi rock,just caught up with this post.when you said one fell out of your bag i was thinking you put them all in a bag.i have jackets that have lots of pockets,i hunt close to my friends house so if its a killer it goes to the house.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the hunt I wash them before leaving the site and put the better ones in a bag to take home. The others I leave in the bucket for my broke jar. I didnt know the keeper bag had a hole in it, lucky for me it fell in the truck and not back at the field.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think the quartz one you have is a really good one.that stuff is hard to work yet the one you found looks great,i have only one quartz point and have lots of points

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its strange in that field which is really 4 fields at all different levels I only have found quartz points except for 1 made out of chert. And they are all crude as heck. With all that type of stone they had out there you would think they would of used something easier to flake. Or maybe the disc of the tractor has chewed up everything except the quartz ones. I have found some mid sections and bases of other lithic types. Some real heart breakers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread