metaldetecting3262008c.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 680
Upvote 0

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Jon. I really think this art deco leaf was attached to a faux art deco garden plant. You can see the attachment and where the other leaf affixes via the square punch holes. Mary has sold at least one that I remember. They may be French in origin.

metal chick

Mar 25, 2008
I've had horses for many years and it doesn't look like anything I've ever seen on a horse bridle, so I don't think that's what it is. Only thing I can think of other than what was already mentioned here is maybe it was part of a weather vane that came off a roof?

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Sorry charlie! I will stick with my opinion on this one because I have seen this sort of thing. If it were a cutless guard, don't you think it would cover the nuckles more sufficiently? Remember ZORO and his needle tipped cutless. You loose your hand you loose the fight. If you look at operational swords in history, it is evident the hand was held of most importance for obvious reasons. I spent many hours in various European museums and made a point to see all things deadly to men. A cutless guard this is not. The protection is insufficient for a hand guard. Nuckles and all the various important attachments involved within this human extremity would be damaged from thrust advances. It's fun to think about the possibilities though even thoug I already knew what it was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread