OP
OP
H

hiluxyota

Greenie
Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you were bold enough to knock and ask - I confess to finding that very uncomfortable ,unless I'm able to have somebody who knows
the homeowner kind of break the ice for me - and yes I see that I'm paying a heavy price for being squeamish !! Can you get back to that
property (maybe give the homeowner a couple of goodies - presented in a nice display with what they are etc. ?) might open another
property to you ?

I gave the home owner the Indian I found there and that old store token. She was happy with that. She told me she was going to show some of the guys at the coffee shop to learn more on the token. I usually give the homeowners some of the things I find to let them know I do appreciate letting me detect. I plan on going back there, and will probably end up finding that merc that I needed that day!!!

OP
OP
H

hiluxyota

Greenie
Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be hesitant also. I used to only go up to old houses if I saw them outside. After the first couple of times knocking on doors , the rest is easy. I get more yes than no. Most of the time they would even direct you to the best place to look...

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
True it might be only 3 clicks and for high speed users , but sometimes it's not and option for others that have a service provider that doesn't provide a fast service or like Casper stated that don't like to be directed away from the TN Forum. Really what's so hard about posting a picture over a video, having both is the best option, having just a video is more about self promotion in some instances.

You do not have to leave TN... just open it in a new tab... close it and your still on TN... you are missing some great finds...

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
H

hiluxyota

Greenie
Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pin is Odell High School 1904 would be my guess if you haven't already figured it out. Great finds and great video...Brad

Thanks. Yes,I figured it out after I cleaned it a little more....

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, liked the vid. putting the link helps double the traffic and comments on YouTube. Clicking to another site takes no effort, and I am sure didn't detour comments, they are just on YouTube comments instead of here.

I don't want to/can't watch a video that could be five or ten minutes long, and I have no idea on the time commitment I'm making when I click. I can skim a post, soak in the story and adore some nice pictures of what I'm here to see. If there's a video too, that's cool, especially if it's something so good I just have to see it taking place, but I want the short and sweet so I can decide if it's worth making the investment. Just my two cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions