Biggest and favorite silver ring to date!

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My mom and I were out detecting and I found a huge silver ring. It's pretty cool!

nakai_back.JPGnakai.JPG

Upvote 8
Man, that thing looks like a monster! How someone loses something that big is beyond me. Congrats and HH!

That's a nice find to be sure ! Nakai is/was Navajo , and the ring was most likely made in New Mexico or Arizona - circa 1970

That's a nice find to be sure ! Nakai is/was Navajo , and the ring was most likely made in New Mexico or Arizona - circa 1970

hey thanks for the info :)

Beautiful! Love it!!

WOW ! One sweet ring !
Glen

wow! that "bombing" process sounds cool. maybe in its prime my ring had a bit of value to it!

Nakai is very collectable. If my better half had your ring for sale it would have a $75 price tag on it, maybe a little higher depending on the size and weight.

In reply to questions about the colored chips used in the inlay on this ring and other chip/resin inlay jewelry of this vintage - Typically
the blue chips were comprised of crushed turquoise , the reds ideally would be coral - however it is possible that simulation coral ,
may be used here (plastics , or dyed alternative stone chips ) these chips are mixed with a resinous epoxy and put into the place
allotted for them . This chip inlay was quite popular from the 1950's thru the mid 70's in the south western U.S. and is associated
with Navajo and Zuni Native work primarily.

Very Cool Ring!:headbang:

geez that thing looks heavy!!

In reply to questions about the colored chips used in the inlay on this ring and other chip/resin inlay jewelry of this vintage - Typically
the blue chips were comprised of crushed turquoise , the reds ideally would be coral - however it is possible that simulation coral ,
may be used here (plastics , or dyed alternative stone chips ) these chips are mixed with a resinous epoxy and put into the place
allotted for them . This chip inlay was quite popular from the 1950's thru the mid 70's in the south western U.S. and is associated
with Navajo and Zuni Native work primarily.

I'm learning a lot of stuff from one find, thanks :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back