Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I saw many TV and printed ads selling these many coins. The show is on the History Channel, 10:00 PM, EST, Monday. Yes, we are in for a very long ride by the producers. # 4 is correct, my mistake.

Last edited:

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Might you have the wrong Republic? Odyssey found a ship by the same name, and has been selling the coins for years.

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is the SS Republic, and RMS Republic. Two different ships. Coins from the SS Republic have been available on the market for some time.

OP
OP
H

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show will be on tonight, Ten PM, EST I be watching.
All of us are outrage that the old fool keep bringing up with his past with the ex-wife, and the man that he killed and the recording. Forget about it, old fool.

Last edited:

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The name the name of that show is the million dollar cow wreck because they're milking it so bad if you want to get in hold 5 put a charge on the side of the ship where you think it might be in blow a 15 foot section out of the hole I mean come on in your sending a diver down I've been working with all of these for so many years and in the process of still building class 2 rov, use the ROV to go looking for it sending a poor diver and little experience one that panics because he has no air he had a backup system If you panic you die ,oh my gosh I don't know if I can watch it anymore see you guys at the picnic GOD willing

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped watching it a few weeks back. I check the forum for updates. A whole lot less painful than sitting through 60 min. of flashbacks, commercials, and a pipe dream. :icon_pirat:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped watching also, please wake me when the last episode is OVER. I thought it would have been better than OAK ISLAND, but it's NOT.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I've been watching online after the broadcast night and honestly the last show 15 minutes watching them untangle a line in the prop?!!?:BangHead:

Oddly we couldn't ever get a network to pick up a show on 1715 Fleet salvage, guess they want story lines instead of treasure finds!

Maybe I'll just do a you tube show!

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I too have been watching this, but now I turn it on as background noise while I am working on my computer.

If they start to dive, I watch. If something interesting happens, I watch. The rest of the time, I ignore it....and I fast forward through all the stupid soap opera bullshit.

So far I am not impressed. Yes, another Oak Island.

Both shows, it is evident there IS something to be found. Though at least the RMS Republic there is documentation of what may be onboard. It is not like the Oak Island mystery....where someone dug a money pit, but nobody has a clue what was buried there.

Heh...the final episode of that, descendants of the original 3 guys who discovered the pit told them the 3 guys found three chests of treasure.

If that is all there was, the brothers are wasting a LOT of time, energy and money.

In tonight's episode, dude lets it slide that Navy was on the wreck back in the 50s. Then some other salvors were on the wreck in the 80s for 30 days.

*yaaaawn*

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bottles they pulled prove nobody salvaged the part of the ship they are on.
that's a plus. I too am fast forwarding through the soap opera.
in the first place I have a problem with Killing.
in the second I have as much of a problem with crying over spilled milk.
especially when it has nothing to do with Treasure Hunting.
what's done is done. nothing can be done to change that.
so judging someone for their past is useless imo.
So I know I didn't miss anything. and though I would like to see more diving,
and artifacts.
by Fast forwarding, I can honestly say,
I still like the show and find it interesting.

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
tip to guy --if the wife is disloyal... do yourself a favor --let the other guy "have her" ...so she can make a "train wreck" out of his life ... a wife you have to "fight to keep"... normally isn't worth the fight.. however that said wanting to keep your kids and have a "normal" married life is understandable ... the butthole was trying to blackmail you ...so his feelings were not "real" towards your woman ( plus she was married-- dirt bag just wanted to screw you over fiscally its clear ) -- when treasure and money start to come your way finally --folks will try any and all ways to screw you out of it -- "treasure is trouble" as "sir" marx famously said...

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
if you find me watching this show again.you can come and kick my as.....

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all there are only rumors of a large amount of gold on board.

Second, IF gold is there, they only know where it MIGHT be.

Third, the ship has totally collapsed, partly from a previous salvage crew with a clam shell bucket.

Sending divers that deep, expecting to find a passage through hundreds of tons of twisted steel is pure fantasy, imo.

The old guy's life has been ruined by this farce, but he won't be satisfied until his golden years are ruined also.

I'll keep watching, thanks to the dvr and skipping through a lot of the show, it's kind of like a car wreck....I don't want to look, but I have to look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions