Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With it being the dead of winter, Ive decided to send in my 600 for its needed repairs. If you all recall, I have a short battery life (6hours on full charge), shaft wobble, and currently a broken cuff(actually one of the blades you rest it on when on the ground).

Emailed customer service, got a quick reply, got an RMA#.

Now did they used to send UPS shipping labels previously? Or am I having a misunderstanding? Do I fork over the $15 to have it shipped?

Im instructed to send it to the Detector Center in Alum Bank, PA.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should have sent you over a FedEx shipping label, I had to send in two different ones and that's what they did for me.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me. I sent in two. I repeat TWO profind 35s for cracking and i had to pay my own way there. They gave me an RMA but i had to pay. Great thing though is they sent me a brand new one both times... pick my battles right.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me. I sent in two. I repeat TWO profind 35s for cracking and i had to pay my own way there. They gave me an RMA but i had to pay. Great thing though is they sent me a brand new one both times... pick my battles right.

Probably because the cost of shipping a pinpointer is a lot less expensive than shipping an entire detector, so they let the buyer pay shipping in that case because it is less painful for the buyer to swallow.

ML has been providing pre-paid shipping on the initial round of Equinox warranty repairs (i.e., over the past year) from what I have observed, but perhaps they are changing their tune as the Equinox user base has grown. Doesn't hurt to ask and act like you are expecting them to pay shipping to see how they respond.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i just emailed Jamie again. Itd be nice to get a prepaid shipping label so i can just drop the detector off and run rather than stand in line and have to lie about the package containing any lithium ion batteries, which answering yes, would obviously get me denied from shipping my detector.

Voyager32

Greenie
Mar 10, 2018
Vancouver B.C.
Detector(s) used
ScubaTector
Equinox 600
Harbor freight
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don’t know if it’s different in the United States but here in Canada they expect you to pay shipping and insurance with no chance of getting reimbursed, so far I’ve had two warranty issues and it’s cost me close to $60, one was for a drop of water in the screen and the other was a broken cuff.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my reply email back regarding shipping, minelab warranty covers return shipping only.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i just emailed Jamie again. Itd be nice to get a prepaid shipping label so i can just drop the detector off and run rather than stand in line and have to lie about the package containing any lithium ion batteries, which answering yes, would obviously get me denied from shipping my detector.

There is absolutely no prohibition on shipping items with small lithium batteries in the US so no need to lie about anything. The shipper simply needs to know so the appropriate warning label can be placed on the package to meet the appropriate restrictions on air shipment. The capacity of the LI battery used in the Equinox is well below the threshold at which such batteries are provided in checked baggage, so domestic shipping in the US should not be an issue.

Sad to hear that the free return label honeymoon for Equinox is over. I guess ML recognizes they have enough Equinox’s out there that they have a captured customer base, unfortunately. So the customer service model has reverted to the industry standard.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Almost like the new healthcare setup.....shipping deductible. LoL!

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Too bad they aren't like First Texas. They have always paid my shipping both ways. Crossing my fingers that I never have to send in my 800!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Too bad they aren't like First Texas. They have always paid my shipping both ways. Crossing my fingers that I never have to send in my 800!

First Texas made me pay for shipping on the F-Pulse I had to send back, due to the well known lockup requiring battery removal. It wasn't two months old. They ain't perfect.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Texas made me pay for shipping on the F-Pulse I had to send back, due to the well known lockup requiring battery removal. It wasn't two months old. They ain't perfect.

Same here and the Tek T2 that failed a month after being upgraded by them.

Service and return were relatively quick turnaround but definitely had to pay to ship them both in under warranty.

Last edited:

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Same here and the Tek T2 that failed a month after being upgraded by them.

Service and return were relatively quick turnaround but definitely had to pay to ship them both in under warranty.

Odd, Felix sent me labels immediately after my email and phone call. My T2 LTD 11" coil had a loose wrap :(

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Definitely not saying they are perfect. They lost my machine for 2 weeks and mailed someone else's parts to me for an F11 instead of my complete T2!

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just shipped mine back to Jaime also. I paid $32 UPS from Fla. Only need to ship the pod and coil (& broken cuff etc). That middle rod takes a longer box. UPS asks if Li battery is in equipment - no problem saying yes.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an update today. I unfortunately forgot the name of the gentleman who called, maybe Chris or Dan? He called from Detector Center, Minelabs repair facility in PA. He let me know they received the detector, thanked me for proper detailed note inside, and told me he had put a new battery in my 600, charged it and ran it down. He was only able to get 6.5 hours out of a full charge. Nearly identical to my issue, but this was a new battery!

He said he had never seen this issue and wasnt sure what was wrong without testing it some more. He said he was going to keep it for testing and is sending me a brand new unit. I imagine this new machine will be a more recent built batch and the shaft wobble issue will already be corrected. Im also thinking its going to have the updated software, which ive avoided applying to my original detector. I will try it if it comes that way but hopefully can roll it back if i dont like it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The update utility allows you to roll it back if desired.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The update utility allows you to roll it back if desired.

Does the original program have to be present on the machine originally? Or is the old program available online?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original program and the update are contained in the in update utility program package you download from Minelab.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original program and the update are contained in the in update utility program package you download from Minelab.

Thank you again. Thats what i was hoping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread