NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got my detector back today..

Rather than getting a whole new detector which was what i though the tech said, I got back a new control unit, new cuff stand and new shafts.

This makes sense because nothing was wrong with the coil and nothing was wrong with the last shaft that runs from the control unit to the cuff.

Only issue is i shipped my detector the plastic screen protector that was in english ( you only get one) and I didnt receive one back in return. It has the factory screen protector on it.

Now i have 9 foreign language screen protectors and no english....

I might email them.

But other wise my issue was resolved in less than a week and im looking forward to getting out again. Im actually going to hit a swimming hole tomorrow because everywhere else is covered in snow. No mention of the Nox update on the new control unit. Im almost positive it is.. but well see

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
SultansOfSwing, I may have an extra one in English for the equinox 800. I bought a pack of them yesterday, not sure how many are in the pack but I only need one. I could mail it out to you if you like. Is it the 800 you have or 600? Just let me know and when I get home I can check if I have an.extra one.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some folks cut the native language strip off their screen protector and leave it on the detector permanently and just change out the top part of sheet when it gets scratched up. They make new top sheets by cutting off the non-native language strips off the other screen protectors in the pack.

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odd, Felix sent me labels immediately after my email and phone call. My T2 LTD 11" coil had a loose wrap :(

I had problems with my Tek-Point and my F-Pulse with lockup. Had to pay outbound shipping, but got each pinpointer back quickly. Each was replaced with new pointers. Talked to Felix both times, and he said to check the warranty. Either your situation was unique, or you caught him at a weak moment. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SultansOfSwing, I may have an extra one in English for the equinox 800. I bought a pack of them yesterday, not sure how many are in the pack but I only need one. I could mail it out to you if you like. Is it the 800 you have or 600? Just let me know and when I get home I can check if I have an.extra one.
I have the 600. I just checked my protector pack and I have 15 foreign language protectors and zero english ones.If youd like to pm me ill send you my address and would be glad to send you something for your generosity.

Some folks cut the native language strip off their screen protector and leave it on the detector permanently and just change out the top part of sheet when it gets scratched up. They make new top sheets by cutting off the non-native language strips off the other screen protectors in the pack.

yeah, I just read about that and its a great idea. But I dont have an english bottom portion one to cut and leave on my control unit. It was on my unit i sent in, and i received a new control unit back with only the factory plastic on the screen. No language screen protector.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 600. I just checked my protector pack and I have 15 foreign language protectors and zero english ones.If youd like to pm me ill send you my address and would be glad to send you something for your generosity.

yeah, I just read about that and its a great idea. But I dont have an english bottom portion one to cut and leave on my control unit. It was on my unit i sent in, and i received a new control unit back with only the factory plastic on the screen. No language screen protector.

It was Dan's offer to you that made me post the hack. I figured you'd be getting your hands on one soon. Frankly, I've only ever used the non-labled factory protectors as the icons are pretty self-explanatory and second nature after you have even a small number of swing hours on the machine.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I had problems with my Tek-Point and my F-Pulse with lockup. Had to pay outbound shipping, but got each pinpointer back quickly. Each was replaced with new pointers. Talked to Felix both times, and he said to check the warranty. Either your situation was unique, or you caught him at a weak moment. :thumbsup:

Well, a product being just a mere month or two old, should never make it unique and cause ANY customer to have to shell out shipping dollars! Especially since this was a current, established problem on a newly released product line.

I feel less insulted after hearing that other First Texas customers went through the same thing. It is sad anyway you look at it. Sorry customer service practice in my case, and others here.

I have a friend with the F-Pulse and his has the same issues, but never sent his in after all this hoopla about W-Texas customer service events. Darned pointer is unstable, so he carries another brand, an orange one made in Garland Texas ;-) I'm not sure why he even carries the F-Pulse.

I made mine work better, but I forgot to mention...the replacement they sent had problems right out of the gate. It failed on my first hunt, 30 miles away from home. I tweaked the tension spring, tightened the batteries to keep them from rattling and causing falsing. That helped but the Pulse still has "it's period" every once in a while GRRRRR!

Lame CS. I won't buy from WT again.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
SultansOfSwing, pm me your address and I will send you an English one, I have a whole pack. Don’t give me anything in return. What good is anything if you can’t give it away. Just pay it forward to someone else. I will package it nicely so it doesn’t get bent.
Cheers,
D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread