Black Hills Gold Ring! First Gold Ring Find!

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I found this Black Hills Gold Ring today at the park buried under the grass..about 2 inches down. I lifted up/back the grass and kept getting a high silver/copper sound and found it buried in the dirt with just the back edge of the ring sticking out. But I saw gold and knew it was a ring! It says C. CO 10K on the inside..on two places...one close to the base of the ring and one on the band..sorry I can't get a good pic of the inside.
I went down to Walmart after finding it and they have rings similar (without as much gold as the one I found) with the same markings C. CO 10K and they retail from $80-$100+ so I believe it's worth at least $100. retail. I've read a little about Black Hills gold and the leaves are usually 12K .. gold mixed with copper/silver for the rosy gold color and the rest of the gold 10K. There are 2 leaves on the ring. My daughter looked up C. CO on the internet and said it stands for Cameco Corporation, a gold mining company. Second dig in the grass...first was a penny. And yes I'll be going back to the same park..I don't think anyone has detected this park..at least not in a while. I'm still ;D ;D ;D.

Attachments

• goldringup.JPG
    goldringup.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 490
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
A really nice looking ring, Treasure! Just keep saving your clad-looks like you might need to buy a bigger jewelry box. ;D HH

OP
OP
treasure_lady

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks guys/gals for all the replies! And it fits my pinky finger! Found 1 dime and 2 pennies in the same park yesterday and a lot of junk! It's a big park though..so I just need to move locations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread