Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Did you manually ground balance over the black sand? Turn the sensitivity down? All Metal is OFF? and, of course have you done the Noise Cancel?

IF all fails, use a PI detector.

-----I concur with vferrari, don't use the Beach Modes in Fresh water. They are set up for the salt environment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you manually ground balance over the black sand? Turn the sensitivity down? All Metal is OFF? and, of course have you done the Noise Cancel?

IF all fails, use a PI detector.

Ground balance is auto tracking in beach modes. Noise cancelled, sensitivity down to 10.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground balance is auto tracking in beach modes. Noise cancelled, sensitivity down to 10.

WOW, if you have the sensitivity down to 10, I am not sure anyone is going to be able to help.

I did testing in salt water, mild black sand with a "ring on a string". In my opinion anything below sensitivity 17 is very poor performance. I am grabbing another detector.

Dave

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The black sand is magnetic around here, havent tried to detect around it but would have to think it would be like a bed of iron...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t use beach modes in fresh water, period, especially if you are dealing with black sand. To balance for salt there are a lot of trade offs in the beach modes including transmit power reductions in mineralization overload that unnecessarily penalize you in fresh water. Experiment with any of the other modes, including gold mode to see if you can get better performance.

See this thread http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...finally-delivers-fresh-water.html#post6218416, op was using Park 2.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread