Bleeding horse forced to buck (Reno Nevada, USA)

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry, I just cannot get behind the PETA protesters at all.. They are so educated at propaganda and obscuring facts that anything they post is suspect! And the guy with the hot shot,, didn't he get fined or something? The law was applied to him? good,, weed them out.

I have no love for Peta or that church that protests our fallen soldiers and I would do a lot more than bare my derier. At least PETA did not let those chicks get naked like they do in Richmond.. Scares the heck out of me,, they are hairier than I am!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First --- We need an emoticon for raising your hand, so - I raise my hand - I use a "shocker" every single year. The ranch has 7 of them. Every ranch has them. I guess its ok to taser folks who weigh 160 pounds, but not to wake up an animal that weighs 900 pounds - or more.

Though, I will agree that - there are bad apples - but, there are bad apples in every single industry. They should be dealt with on an individual basis.

I gotta tell you - I'm never impressed with a so-called "video" where someone explains to me THEIR version of what is going on and why, but, I also can tell you that, the few (and I do mean few) injured animals are in a "loafing" pen. 5 will get you 10 that they have already been looked at by a vet, and I can pretty much guarantee that they are not going to be used. (that's why they are not in the bull pen-they are not headed to the chutes).

I feel sorry for someone who lets other people do their thinking for them.

I invite you, hammered - to any rodeo out here - PBR, ranch, or otherwise - I will pay. In fact - I invite you to a "trail ride" - which means moving cows and bulls 10-20 miles from place to place, and then, to the appropriate corrals, and then to get them into a place where you can give them all their required shots - I do it every year. I will pay for all these entrances (and I sure could use the help trailing cows), and I will introduce you to some of the most famous bull and bucking horse riders in the world. We have several who live right in the area I live in. And, I will introduce you to a dozen ranchers, and you can help trail etc., all those folks animals. Then, I will take you 150 miles up the road here, to a bucking horse and a bucking bull auction and ranch. Hey, you can even "save" one - just make sure you got an extra $150,000 or more in your pocket. Come look at all these facilities. Oh, and about 25 miles up the road, there is a bucking horse ranch - see just how poorly they are treated. See it for yourself - then, tell me that Peta isn't yanking your chain - and a lot of other peoples chains.

In case you don't know - I'll give you a REAL awakening. More than half of all PETA affiliated rescue centers are in it for PROFIT - they get non-profit status, but, they get humane societies and other folks to "take" animals, then they bring them to their approved shelters, spent a few hundred bucks on them - and sell them for thousands of dollars. And, yes, I can prove it. Andy rescuer that doesn't want to pay PETA loses their certification - good deal and a good deal more. Plus, a big percentage of other REAL abuse, happens in these facilities.

There is an animal abuse registry where you can get some really good info. Here is an excerpt.

Animal abusers are frequently linked to other crimes – drugs, domestic violence, B&E, trespass, animal cruelty. And oftentimes the crimes span multiple counties, states, or even countries.

➡In February 2011 a young woman in Chesapeake VA was accused of beheading a pig. A day later she was arrested for breaking into a church.

➡In March 2011 the owner of a horse rescue in Mercer County KY was charged with 30 counts of animal abuse. He had previously been investigated in another KY county on similar charges.

➡In April of 2010 a UK native was deported for having sex with dogs belonging to a Washington State resident. That resident was currently on probation for a drug-trafficking conviction. ➡In April 2009 the Executive Committee of the AQHA issued a fine of $10,000 and revoked membership of a well-known trainer for beating horses. Trainers at this level frequently work with horses from all over the country.

Wanna guess how many rodeos are on the list????? Uh, right now - none.

Now, there are some individuals - I will give you that. But, most cowboys and bull and horse owners would be the first to punch out the first person who abused their horse or bull.

Here are a few rodeo facts - rowls on spurs are not sharp - they must be rounded. The idea is NOT to spur, but to have enough control to keep your seat, and roll the spurs across the animal. You hand may never touch the animal. Cowboys wear boots 2 sizes too big for them. The reason is two-fold. One, so their feet will slip out of their boots, in case of a wreck. The second reason is so that you cannot get leverage on your spurs, that it is totally a control of your feet issue. Cowboys must "mark" their horse when it leaves the chute. That means that they HAVE to have both front feet that are in boots two sizes too big, resting on the animals shoulders. Too much spurring subtracts points from the rider. No leg control subtracts points from the rider. And that bucking strap BS is BS. Saddles - most all saddles, have back cinches. We don't tighten those back cinches. Because, if they TOUCH the horse (and I mean your old saddle horse), you, too, can have a rodeo - and, I hang my head, knowing darn well that the first few horses I rode when I was a kid, and got bucked off of, was because I didn't know that. (oh, and once when my dad thought it would be funny-it wasn't).

But, we regularly cut of the tails and ears of dogs - pull the hair out by the roots of manes and tails of show horses, and we just think they just are SO gorgeous, and folks love their Boxers, and GSHP (mine is not docked at all), and Rotts, and oh, yea - one of my favorites - Tennessee Walkers, who get to screw up their legbones for 5 years while they carry around 40 pounds on the bottom of each foot (in case you ever wondered why they step so high) - Dobermans, just for a start - and rodeos, who don't do one single thing that isn't done every single day on the ranch, - that's abuse? Oh, and some horses also get their tails broken at birth (can you say Arabians), so that they have an extra high tail carry.

For anyone who cares at this point of my rant, Percherons are born with hardly any tails. Oh - I could tell you hundreds of things that are done every single day that is considered ok. But, places like PETA and SHARK - they focus on horses a lot of the time - because they make money at it.

Go "adopt a horse" - see how "cheap" they are.

Beth

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hammered
I agree. There is cruelty at rodeos. There is cruelty happening every single day in every type of situations with animals. It will happen and does happen and continue to happen.

I would never say there is not any cruelty at rodeos. I would never say there wasn't cruelty at people's homes involving pets or farms even.

You are correct. It does happen. We can easily single out rodeos about cruelty situations, along with a million other situations involving animals. I don't think no one can say it will not or has not happened. So sure, I agree with you that cruelty at rodeos does happen.

But as big as the rodeo industry has become etc...it is not alot of cruelty for what it is in my book. It is always an individual doing the wrong thing to an animal. It, to me, is not the industry on a whole.

What is worse to me is watching those shows like Animal Cops Houston and such. Yikes, the amt. of abuse cases on dogs/cat/horses in private homes just makes your skin crawl.

I sure agree that abuse is out there everywhere, involving animals and of course humans! One doesn't have to go far to find abuse cases either, which is truly sad cause it is in our faces every day.

Life can be super rough for critters and humans alike.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Beth's camp on that too,, I tire of videos where the person is trying to tell you what to think and showing a very small part of something. It makes me think they are hiding something. Which they are.

I think that propaganda tool is less effective than it used to be, more people are learning the devious nature of these groups. At least I hope so!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texastee, Farmerchick - :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh, and let's stop hockey, too. And, mountain climbing.

Gosh, we should stop everything where anyone, anytime, ever gets accidentally injured.

No golf, those balls are dangerous, 2 people have been killed in the last 4 years, and no hunting, and no target shooting, and no horseback riding, and no boating, no car racing - oh, and no air shows, look what happened in Reno - in fact, no airplanes at all - they are dangerous.

I think I'm done with my ranting now. No wonder our children and grandchildren don't know the world around them - butter comes in sticks, chicken comes from stores, hamburgers come from Burger King and McDonalds, and heaven forbid if you smack one on the butt, because now you are a felon.

They call that "the dumbing down of America", and, I think it is sad, and will lead to our country's demise if we don't stop protecting everything from everything.

Outright cruelty is one thing (like I'm not too crazy about the old-style bullfighting - as opposed to how rodeos do a bullfight), but, that is the minority - you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

We seem to be like a big old clock pendulum - back and forth - all the way to the right, then all the way to the left. We need to stop it in the middle.

Beth

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Dave44 said:
mikeofaustin said:
Dave44 said:
Mike of A,, stick to things you know about! Peta is not your friend, it has no usable information in real life. And Pigs do not talk! And they do not fly. And it is Highly doubtful they will befriend a spider.

Yep, I just stuck to something I knew about... perhaps you can apologize now? I'm not some idiot blurting out stupid shiat, you know. ((link directly above this)).

This really does not qualify as anything you know about! :laughing9: This has no basis in fact, it is a nightmare dreamed up by some Peta maniac, of which they all may qualify. An opinion that assumes human experience and feelings in a bear. Come on dude,, you are more logical than that!

China. Really?You realize that the Chinese have treated there own human population in much the same manner? Maybe you have a point,, Go over there and complain to them. They love dissenters and already have the government controls in place.

But if you do want a small bit of relevance,, let us see how the Chinese rodeo works!

I was talking about a NON-chineese animal taking their youngs life before they went through the same hurt that mom went through.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
jesus... there is a difference between killing for fun, and killing for necessity. Necessity is done right... but for fun is not.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is talking about killing for fun? Nobody that I've read.

Though, honestly, its fun to go hunting - and bagging - game.

However, if you have ever seen a hunter bag a moose, or a deer, or an elk - the very first thing they usually do is go over to the animal and stroke it - pet it, if you will. Even though it is fun to hunt, there is always the respect for the animal. At least almost everyone I know or who I have ever hunted with. Its why taxidermy is a booming business.

Most adults don't "kill for fun". Nowhere here are we talking about riding a dead horse, though I think we may be beating one.

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread