Status
Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The fakir or faqir (Arabic: فقیر‎ (noun of faqr); English pronunciation: /fəˈkɪər/) Derived from faqr (Arabic: فقر‎, "poverty") is a Muslim Sufi ascetic in Middle East and South Asia. The Faqirs were wandering Dervishes teaching Islam and living on alms.[SUP][1][/SUP]
The term has become a common Urdu, Bengali, and Hindi byword for "beggar". The term has also been used to refer to Hindu and Buddhist ascetics (e.g., sadhus, gurus, swamis and yogis). These broader idiomatic usages developed primarily in the Mughal era in India. Calanus, a Hindu Naga sadhu of 4th Century B.C., whom Greek named as gymnosophists is often called as Fakir by historians.[SUP][2][/SUP]
There is also a now a distinct caste of Faqir found in North India, descended from communities of faqirs who took up residence at Sufi shrines.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my knowledge, I have never met you? The only thing I know about you is the garbage you and Carl, post on the LRL forums. If it's Dowsing, you should be posting on the Dowsing forums. More buried Gold caches have been recovered with the aid of an LRL, than you can ever dream of with a Metal detector.

Yes, there is a use for Metal detectors. if things work out I will be purchasing 10 underwater metal detectors very soon. Perhaps you can offer some advise? I'll be attending the Minelab seminar in Orlando, in May. Will you be there?

I continue to wonder about your mentality, when you are so determined to speak in ignorance, (or intentionally) that all LRL's are fraudulent, when all my customers state differently.

All I know about you is from your accusing posts on LRL forums which I don't appreciate your inference, but from which you seem to enjoy wallowing in the WIS category (When Idiots Speak)

If you have something to say about Metal detectors, I'll listen. But, that's a different forum. I enjoy conversing with intelligent, knowledgeable people. As long as you insist on being a WIS on LRL forums, count me out. I'm not interested in knowing you. I don't know you, or understand that kind of prejudiced, closed minded mentality. Dell

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell, the guy wants people to believe he is Dave J. the metal detector designer, but I think he is a fraud, and an identity thief (systemic in skeptics!). Not only has he never uttered one word to convince me he knows dog crap about metal detectors, but just the opposite. Go to the Tech Page and read the thread about the guy who had trouble with his Tesoro. I told him it was the coil and then Woof came on and contradicted me. I think it was an attempt to get people to believe him, but he did not know. That guy is ill. I am staying away from his disease.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
That's a start, Art. After you've finished your research perhaps you can post an essay on it so if there was anyone besides you who was confused, it'll clear it up for them.
No research or essays needed. Your essays are enough to convince the treasure hunters that you are confused about LRL’s..Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl, you don't have to wonder any more, there you have it straight from Mike himself.

--Toto

A-yup, you could invite Mike to El Paso, meet him at the front door, hand him your business card, and he'd call you 'Sam.' Cause that's what makes him feel good.

Mike, your deny ability is unsurpassed, though Art is trying hard.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike, next time you're passing through El Paso, if you've got less than 5 minutes, please drop in and give a demo how your gizmo by your own admission isn't going to work. My offer of a plugged nickel for such miserable entertainment still stands.

And just think, you can then go online and brag how you "won the prize from SWR"!

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
Sounds like Dell wasn't faking it after all, after ten years he really still doesn't know! Not that it was ever a secret! I wonder how he does that

Art, please shoot Dell a PM and help the guy out.
C
arl, you don't have to wonder any more, there you have it straight from Mike himself.
Why should I comment about Dell and Mikes posts? They know what they know..If you and Carl want to learn listen to them...Art

TreasureNet is about treasure hunting, metal detecting and prospecting. We expect our members to post messages generally related to these main topics. While we do provide some more generic forums, like Favorite Music, Today's Snapshot, etc., the general subject of TreasureNet is treasure, and treasure hunting. Thank you for helping us keep our content on topic.
Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, denegration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!
You may not.... Abuse, defame, harass, threaten, stalk, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.

You may not.... Create user accounts under false or fraudulent pretenses.
You may not.... Impersonate, imitate, pretend to be, or mock another member.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread