ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Scott, but I think we have a suitable pair (modelled after your boat). I think you and Robert may have hit the same sale. As always, we appreciate the offer...generousity and treasure hunting don't often go hand in hand, thanks for being one of the few.

Jason

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Scott,

Thanks for your kind offer....

Chagy......

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Scott,

I found the winches at Harbor Freight on Sale for $49. (reg. $69) Should have got some spares! They also offer a $9, two year unconditional warranty. If anything goes wrong, just takem back, and they will replace it!

Dick,

As for the blowers being connected, that would not be good. Like Jason said, the frame is actually a little bigger than Scott's and stability shouldn't be an issue!

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
southern maine diver said:
Hey Robert...

Congratulations on your boat and your dreams!!! Keep your family members close... like your 7 year old shadow... and your understanding wife. Keep them with you and on your side. I know how important that is because when I want to take off to go "bottle hunting" with my dive buddies, my wife knows that I am underwater looking... searching for and finding bottles... doing what I love and not in some bar drinking and flirting with someone else... "Trust" my friend is the name of the game. ;)

Listen...
I have a few extra items that I can ship down your way... extra life jackets, anchor rope, flare kits, first aid kits... stuff that you need to have for the Coast Guard inspections. If you need any of those things and you want to save a little money... PM me and let me know. That way, I won't feel bad asking you if I can come aboard and join you for a few days here and there... ::)

Good luck to you... she looks great. You guys have put a lot of hard work, love and care into that boat. wishing you well,

Wayne

Wayne,

Sorry for the late reply to your offer. I am sure we could use some extra life jackets, flare kits, and anchor rope. I think we are good on the first aide kits, but having more than you need is better than not having enough.

You are surely welcome anytime, and hope to see you in July if you come down.

Robert

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guy's
From what I have experienced all of the stability comes from the bearings that your blowers hinge on and the pins you lock them down with. The main other weakness I have found is in the welds. All of the welds need to be welded on both sides and even then I need to completely recheck them and fix all stress cracks every twenty work days. I run mine about 2000 rpm's and sometimes as high as 2500 rpm's. If you dont have to run them that hard you may not have as much maintainance. It is cheaper to maintain them than to rebuild them. We have started doing twice as much or as thick as we think we need in order to cut down on down time. With the crew you guys have you will get this all figured out pretty quick and I think you will come up with some unique new solutions that I want to know all about so I can incorporate it in my systems.
Best of luck to you all, you are off to a great start.
Seahunter

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Guys,
The boat is looking great! Don't have the opportunity to get on here much any more, working on getting internet off shore. Good luck to you all and "welcome to the hunt"> ;D

Diverlynn

We are moving about 3/4 of a mile off shore tomorrow, just north from where we have been. I had to make a parts run to Sebring and decided to come on home rather than swimming back after dark. There's been a lot of cow-nosed stingrays around the boat last week, in large groups.
...And the turtles are all.......partying. ;)

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Hi Guys, went by the boat this morning but there was not a soul around.
I will go back about 10:00 tomorrow.
Still looking for the disc with all the photos on it.
Peg Leg

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Peg,

the boys will be there tomorrow morning....
I hope to meet you in person soon....

Chagy.......

NC_Bob

Mar 9, 2007
WNC
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Peg Leg said:
Still looking for the disc with all the photos on it.
Peg Leg

Peg wrong thread for this but hopefully you'll see it here... I sent you a PM on this after I checked with Robert last week; he said all the pics are on his Tnet gallery; look there and pick the ones you'd like and he'll send me the files.

Bob.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg Leg said:
I have no idea how to get to Roberts gallery.
Peg leg

Peg, just click on galleries at the top of the page under the heading, and look for Rgecy.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It will be moved South to Sebastian. It looks like maybe not until a week or so. Still some work to do on it.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yeah, still lots of work. The blowers should be done tomorrow, they've both been on the boat, raised and lowered, all the holes are drilled, etc. We're just tying up loose ends elsewhere on the boat, and we'll install them permanently tomorrow. Electrical and mechanical are all good, so we're hoping to splash this weekend and relocate to Sebastian. We'll let you guys know.

thepirate

Dec 20, 2006
Uk
Detector(s) used
Whatever some nice pirate will loan me!!
Looks great guys - can't wait to see it on the water!! Well done on all the hard work - I'm sure it'll be worth it!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Mike, things are coming along nicely. Here's some progress pics.

luis_washing.JPG

luis_sanding.JPG

blowers.jpg

jas_blowers.JPG

Attachments

• luis_washing.JPG
    luis_washing.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,367
  • luis_sanding.JPG
    luis_sanding.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,332

thepirate

Dec 20, 2006
Uk
Detector(s) used
Whatever some nice pirate will loan me!!
WOW Jas - truly impressed...those are either the biggest garden candles I've ever seen or one mighty fine pair of blowers!! When do you reckon on turning them onto the 1715 fleet?
I'm on standby for a month so hopefully in Florida...always happy to get my hands dirty if I can be of use!! Have fun , Mike.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Don, I have a few more pics under the lights that came out good.

Mike, there's never any shortage of things needing to be done, come on down. LOL We're hoping to splash sometime next week, or maybe even this weekend. I had hoped to give Laura a ride down to Sebastian, but it's questionable at this point. I still have my fingers crossed that we'll make it, but you know how things go, and we want everything perfect before we put her in the water. We got a lot done on the swim platform today, but I'm too tired to post pics, maybe tomorrow. I'll be in Orlando for the weekend enjoying some quality time, then back to work. I need a break, and what better way to get one, eh. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread