Blowhole button, IHC, Wheat and a sterling whatisit?

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1912 Wheat, no date Indian, these coppers coming out of this field are toast, not sure how good I'm going to be able to clean the blowhole button either. I was on the opposite side of the road from where my last hunt produced the Irish civilian button. After the two coins I found the button, then I heard a sweet sound that my Deus was telling me was deep silver. I got down about eight inches and pulled a little dirt clod out. I broke it in half and I seen a very thin silver edge, right away I was thinking Real. I started knocking off the dirt and could see a crazy Roman looking bust facing right. I also noticed it was bigger than a dime. After licking it and doing allot of spitting I determined it must be a buckle of some sort because of the rusted metal on the back. The hallmark looks like a clover? Any ID help would greatly be appreciated.
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad
Resized_20161201_171427.jpg
Resized_20161201_140636.jpg Resized_20161201_140713.jpg Resized_20161201_132133.jpg Resized_20161201_130721.jpg Resized_20161201_141017.jpg Resized_20161201_163337.jpg

Upvote 17

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought that looked like a blowhole in that pic you texted! Very nice and early button! That spot could have some very old items hiding there buddy.

Cheers!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be, looks like a match, it was very exciting, sounded so sweet! Thank's I'm going over to the other old house I seen on the maps tomorrow and scout around there for a couple hours (same farm about 1/4 mile as the crow flies) Very exciting. This farmer told me about his house, dates back to 1600's, I asked, he didn't even answer. I think if I play my cards right I might be able to talk him into letting me do the fields that surround the house. I'm going to make up a display case and talk to him tomorrow if he isn't too busy.

Congrats on some very nice finds
Thanks Art

I thought that looked like a blowhole in that pic you texted! Very nice and early button! That spot could have some very old items hiding there buddy.

Cheers!
Oldjerseygirl was with me Saturday when I was here, she hunted about 300 yards from where I was at and had a blowhole button I'm pretty sure. Today I could not see if there were holes and figuring that it was a blowhole I didn't want to "in the field" break it trying to find the holes. Her's either Saturday. Thanks Steve, I wish you were closer.

Very nice blowhole button, silver is great as well
Thank you

likin' that a lot
Thanks, me too.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
She's a beauty, congratulations! :occasion14:

Nice buttons finds!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done Bradley. That silver piece is sweet man!

Keep getting after it, the cold weather is on the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread