Blue bowl vs Fine Gold Recovery Mini Sluice Box GPAA Modified Recirculating

Alanae

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My husband and I are new to this and used his new high banker this weekend. Of course now we have all the concentrates to get through. We have two boys ages 12 and 14 and they love finding gold but hate panning. To be honest I’m not overly fond of it myself. So we were looking for something that would get them involved with the cleanups without having to pan.

After some research we’ve been looking at either the blue bowl or the Fine Gold Recovery Mini Sluice Box GPAA Modified Recirculating. I wanted to get some thoughts from people with more experience before we made a final decision. Thoughts? Pros and cons? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Alanae

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a goldcube and cover the slick plate with deep V mat.......
This is a cleanup of about 2 1/2 gallons of cons from the beach.
Or you can get a 3' x 12" section of deep V mat and make a small clean up sluice.
Sluice would be 12" wide by 3 feet long... Run a 900 GPH bilge pump for your water supply and sluice angle should be about 15 degrees.
That is the same amount of water we were running on the cube for the cleanup, and the cube angle is 15 degrees but the slick plate is 12"'x12"
Of course if your gold is bigger than 30 mesh you will need to add some slightly larger riffles along the way. Most of our beach gold is -100 mesh.

Thank you. We were looking at the gold cube and it’s good to hear it’s worth the money :)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2011_0405Mttohuntdeer4th0002.JPG
Agree 100% on the "V" matting ,for (fine) gold recovery.Experimented w/it on a gutter runoff downspout a few years ago and got good results.

OP
OP
A

Alanae

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys have been so helpful. Thank you! Hubby is running out this weekend to buy “something “ to get through the concentrates and get the boys outside and involved. So truly, thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread