Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we first heard Creedence, we thought they were a black group. Same for John Fred and the Playboy Band. On the other hand, we thought Nat King Cole was white. Paul Young has a great voice. If you listen, Rod Stewart sounds a little like Sam Cooke, but he needs some different material.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rod Stewart loved Sam Cooke, Otis Redding and Marvin

He has a song "Thank You Otis, Sam, Marvin" Great tune sung as a tribute to all 3 now playing on the celestial band tour. It is not on Youtube and I have it on just one CD.. A great song if you can find it.

Rod, like many of the English took there sound from these guys and had no problem mentioning it, or giving them credit.

However, there is one band that did. Led Zep, although a great rock band, I lost respect when I heard they were stealing old artists songs and never giving them any credit. That is just low.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
You're right rginn, about Credence. John foggerty is one of my favorites, can't find a good video, but I love wailin' along to "broken down cowboy" can you get bluer than a line like 'saddlebags full of pain, carrys 'em around just like a middle name...'?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread