Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I had a little time and went back to the park by the pool. I checked out an area that was covered in heavy growth that was recently cut back and the tot lot. I was surprised by how many coins I found.

In 4.5 hours of swingin the CZ21 I managed to find 78 coins with a face value of $4.63, a 1956 wheatie, a ring, an oval piece of jewelry, a die cast figure of Charlotte Flair (a professional wrestler), 2 coal chits, a large tire weight, cans, can slaw and tabs.

DSCN3198.jpeg

The ring and the oval were found about 2 inches apart. I was sure they were both silver. The oval was kind is a wierd mixed signal…On closer inspection I found that the top of the ring had 2 weld marks on it and the oval had 2 marks as well. It turns out they are both part of the same ring. They got separated sometime in the past. The back of the oval was full of dirt when I found it so they have been separated for a while. I was not sure what was on top of the oval that normally would have held a stone. It is actually rusty ferrous metal which is rather unusual. I’m sure it had a symbol or special significant shape, but the rust makes it impossible to tell.

DSCN3200.jpeg

DSCN3201.jpeg

DSCN3206.jpeg

The coal chits are a common find in yards around here because the town was founded as a mining town. There are mining tunnels underneath a lot of the town. One is a number 177 and the other is blank and was never stamped with a number.

DSCN3199.jpeg

DAY 2
I went back to the elementary school and did some more gridding. You have to cover all of the ground because you never know where the goodies will be. It may be an unproductive area that a goodie just shows up in, you never know.

I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 26 coins with a face value of $2.20, a Cub Scout 1 year pin, a wheatie, a piece of cheapie jewelry, 2 modern ferrous back buttons, a Bob Evan’s pin, 3 starter pistol blanks, can slaw, tabs and foil. Nothing special this trip, but I did cover a decent sized area.

DSCN3207.jpeg

DSCN3208.jpeg

DAY 3
I also managed to get back to the middle school. I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 expanding my grids. I found 143 coins with a face value of $7.96, a stainless spoon, part of a pair of sunglasses, a piece of jewelry, 2 wheaties, a key, a modern button, a car and a half, can slaw a plenty, tabs and foil.

DSCN3210.jpeg

The piece of jewelry is a silver oval with a smooth finish on the back and a hammered look on the front. It looks like the dangling part of an earring. The wheaties are a 1956 and a 1948.

DSCN3211.jpeg

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found 9 pennies in a spill in the parking lot. I got a quarter walking on Main Street with my wife and a dime by the cash register in a store. Nothing great, but it all adds up.

That’s all for this week. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

P.S. Keep your eyes open, there a lot of beautiful things in the great outdoors. Take a minute and enjoy the view.

IMG_8416.jpeg

Upvote 6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread