Blue Max 4X6 coil on a XLT?

dnewbury2

Mar 20, 2004
Cherokee, AL, Occupied C.S.A.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Tesoro Golden Sabre and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I want to try the Blue Max 4X6 on my XLT but some people say the depth is disappointing. I have a Blue Max 600 and a 350 Snooper but I like the idea of that narrow field of a DD coil for better target separation. Anybody got any experience with this combination?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depth is disappointing with the 4x6 on any machine. It's not made for depth but cuts through heavy trash ok and works by fences and tot lot poles.

wvmountaindigger

Oct 19, 2014
Mountains of West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Sun-Ray DX1 Probe, White's XLT, Sun-Ray XL1 Probe, White's Coin Master Pro, White's Coin Master 2900 Trooper, White's Coin Master 2DB Series 2, White's 120mm Bullseye Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a 4X6 coil for my XLT and it is my #2 go to coil. It is surgical in trashy areas. I have found many coins in areas hunted by many other detectors. Just slow down your swing speed and I believe you will be amazed.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I liked the 5.3 on my XLT over the 4X6. I have heard others that had the same opinion. The 5.3 is definitely deeper.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the 5.3 and the 4X6 on my MXT. The 5.3 is good in trash and deeper as well as covering more ground. However, when the trash is really heavy I put the 4X6 on with great results. It's really surgical in tough trash and lets you get much closer to fences, playground equipment etc.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread