Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bluenosers "button up"

From the land of the Bluenose.....Marie was nestled in her little spot on the couch. The wind was blowing and the odd snowflake flaked from the sky and fell earthward. But the walls! The walls I say. Were closing in taking the very breath from my lungs. I couldn't stand it.....so I called Navy Davy and as quick as you could say......"taking into consideration all facts encompased this incident is insignificant as a load of blue fin tuna doing the "Aztec Two Step" he had picked me up in the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper and I was sipping on a large double milk and ND a double double. Trouble is the bouy is a cheat. Why you say? Well me son he lets his coffee get cold and then considers it an ice cap at regular coffee prices. Lord love a duck.

Anyway we arrived!
P5100012.jpg

No cars. No dogs. No bugs not a single luxary! Gilligan be damned..... where was Mary Anne for as soon as I exited the truck my middle finger froze in the fully upright erect postion!
P5100011.jpg

The snow starting coming a moment later but undaunted the two amigos dug in the cold weather which made bending over easy as the "Niagara Nose" immediately set in and froze making gravity run it's course. Second such occurrence with ND produced a nice button with the shank still on it whereas I followed suit on my third target which was a toasty button which was as smooth as "Don Juans" best pick up line.

We stuck to the side of the island that blocked the wind least this bouy became the "Flying Nun." Notice the attire which is the envy of any digger in vogue!
P5100010.jpg

Navy Davy and I branched out and took opposite sides of the isle and did the dew. Two moments later nature called me. Son of a seahorse as the outhouses had been boarded up for the winter I was immediately transformed from the Bluenoser to the "Blue Mooner.". I scurried looking for a tree with the Charmin on it that some bear had left to no avail and the time was upon this bouy. Um! The leaning Tower of Pizza was created ( at least till spring) with nature's floor providing the "bathroom paper." This event however was not without it's discovery as I found my shuttlecock!
P5100018.jpg

With that out of the way I began my search for Navy Davy who like I; had that magic middle finger frozen in the "on" position so we headed back to the causeway to thaw our digits.
P5100016.jpg

Well the dig was over with Navy Davy unearthing about 25 coins, a neat button and a dinkie airplane making the bouy happy as a clam youz!
P5100015.jpg

The shorter of the dynamic duo managed a washer from a ring toss game (yellow), "Z" strip and a quota of 62 coins @ $5.19 towards the Back to the UK Fund.
P5100020.jpg

At home I took a hot shower when to my surprise I noticed twigs and leaves going down the drain. Lord love a duck I had unknowingly created a flora and fauna "keyster" stash. Well blow me down me bouy as I'm sure it was well fertilzed!

Upvote 0

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Bluenosers "button up"

Nice pile of loot under some tough conditions (at least tough conditions for a southern boy like me)!

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

Congrats on getting out leslie. I like the buttons. :thumbsup:

I don't know how you guys do it. On weekends I wait until the temp. gets to at least 40degF before getting out. :tongue3:

What was the temp. during that hunt?

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Been there.....done that!!!
Bottoms up!!