Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like it may have been from St. Louis, MO. I found the following clip from a 1982 Missouri newspaper. It has the same logo as your token.
I googled the banks locations and came up with a wiki article about Boatmens Bancshares, which appears to be the same, showing it was founded in 1847 in St. Louis. Hope this helps in your research.

Boatmen's Bancshares - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

boatmens.jpg

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the back to back post but I kept digging out of curiosity. I wanted to confirm Boatmens Bancshares was in fact Boatmens Bank. I found an 1897 St Louis news clipping that would seem to verify that.
The other thing I was curious about is how/why/where would a bank serve a drink? An 1894 article from the same paper may shed some light. Apparently they built a parlor inside the bank just for women. If they were that fancy maybe the had an area that served drinks?...just a guess. The news clippings were low rez and kinda hard to read. I got them as big as I could.

boatmens history.jpg boatmens parlor.jpg

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm new to the forums. I grew up in the St. Louis area and remember Boatmen's Bank, so seeing that boat symbol brings back some memories. It was bought out by a larger bank many years ago, can't recall which one. Not sure on the "free drink" token, unless it was related to some sort of cocktail reception for those special account holders (just guessing).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread