Boil coins or use gloves

drewbaccas

Mar 8, 2013
"Currency Not Only Spreads Wealth, But Also Germs. A recent study of currency yields some news you need to know. A researcher collected 68 one-dollar bills from two locations. He found that only 6% of the currency was germ free; a whopping 87% carried common bacteria. But the remainder-7%--carried two forms of bacteria that can lead to serious blood infections." What did I get my self into!? What is on my coins if this is on that paper? Silver nanoparticles have been shown to have effective antibacterial activity against a range of disease-causing bacteria. Why can we not demand for silver to be put back in our coinage for the health of all of us?

Drewbaccas

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
"Currency Not Only Spreads Wealth, But Also Germs. A recent study of currency yields some news you need to know. A researcher collected 68 one-dollar bills from two locations. He found that only 6% of the currency was germ free; a whopping 87% carried common bacteria. But the remainder-7%--carried two forms of bacteria that can lead to serious blood infections." What did I get my self into!? What is on my coins if this is on that paper?

Drewbaccas

Homie this ain't good for me, I like to lick my fingers afterwards. Mmmm that great taste of AG and wheat.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
label.jpg

PLUS

an empty windex bottle

windex-alex-koloskov.jpeg

due to the recent zombie outbreak, I think it would be a good idea for all CRH'ers to use these two tools, to disinfect ALL coins. I dont want to get sick, neither do you.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should be in every hunter's car, and coin processing center.

purell-hand-sanitizer.jpg

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets assume that some of the "dirt" on coins is fecal material. You know what you get when you put hand sanitizer on after handling fecal materials?.......... its still fecal material! Use soap and water kiddo's :thumbsup:

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume there is fecal material on everything, but then again i work in a hospital, and watch nurses come out of rooms and use hand sanitizer..... like it will actually clean their hands, and they have sinks with soap only a few feet away.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just like sex, bareback it and wash off with soap and water when you're done. HH< Maverick.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Currency and Coins are 2 very different things when it comes to germs.

Copper and Silver are naturally "bacteriocidic" meaning germs can't live long on its surface. Copper is actually toxic to humans in a large enough dose. Silver is actually used in a variety of things for this purpose already, such as the resin in most water softeners is a silver impregnated type. Sports garment companies are experimenting with silver nano threads to help reduce B.O. Sweat doesn't stink, its the critters that grow from your salty discharge that stink up your gym clothes, bag, shoes, socks, etc.

But yes folks, lets keep on washing those hands!

Paper money is gross.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like sex, bareback it and wash off with soap and water when you're done. HH< Maverick.

Ha love it!

But I carry wet wipes antibacterial. It sanitizes and cleans all the stuff off your hands with no prob.

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most of the coins we come into contact are clad. on skunk streaks, we have a real risk of getting infected.

Yeah, skunks are known to be rabies carriers. :laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Using antibacterial sanitizer isnt good guys.The human body needs certain bacteria on it to live.Keep using hand sanitizer, youre slowly killing yourselves.That isnt to bright now is it?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys are nuts with the antibacterial stuff, I expose myself to everything and never get sick. I read an article a few months ago that all coins contain some trace of the flu, but yet people who handle coins daily are actually less likely to get the flu as the extremely small amounts it's present in actually build immunity instead of infecting. I say bring it on, I don't wear gloves, use antibacterials, or even wash my hands afterwards. I get sick like once every other year, and it's usually when everybody in the office has it so work is like an injected petri dish

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
you guys are nuts with the antibacterial stuff, I expose myself to everything and never get sick. I read an article a few months ago that all coins contain some trace of the flu, but yet people who handle coins daily are actually less likely to get the flu as the extremely small amounts it's present in actually build immunity instead of infecting. I say bring it on, I don't wear gloves, use antibacterials, or even wash my hands afterwards. I get sick like once every other year, and it's usually when everybody in the office has it so work is like an injected petri dish

Homie ima live to 120 they way I'm stacking AG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread