Boil coins or use gloves

drewbaccas

Mar 8, 2013
"Currency Not Only Spreads Wealth, But Also Germs. A recent study of currency yields some news you need to know. A researcher collected 68 one-dollar bills from two locations. He found that only 6% of the currency was germ free; a whopping 87% carried common bacteria. But the remainder-7%--carried two forms of bacteria that can lead to serious blood infections." What did I get my self into!? What is on my coins if this is on that paper? Silver nanoparticles have been shown to have effective antibacterial activity against a range of disease-causing bacteria. Why can we not demand for silver to be put back in our coinage for the health of all of us?

Drewbaccas

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flu virus isn't what bothers me its the possible Cdiff, MRSA, and VRE lol.

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys are nuts with the antibacterial stuff, I expose myself to everything and never get sick. I read an article a few months ago that all coins contain some trace of the flu, but yet people who handle coins daily are actually less likely to get the flu as the extremely small amounts it's present in actually build immunity instead of infecting. I say bring it on, I don't wear gloves, use antibacterials, or even wash my hands afterwards. I get sick like once every other year, and it's usually when everybody in the office has it so work is like an injected petri dish
+1. Just take 5,000 iu of vitamin D3 daily and you won't get sick. I haven't had a cold in 2 years since I started that.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Currency Not Only Spreads Wealth, But Also Germs. A recent study of currency yields some news you need to know. A researcher collected 68 one-dollar bills from two locations. He found that only 6% of the currency was germ free; a whopping 87% carried common bacteria. But the remainder-7%--carried two forms of bacteria that can lead to serious blood infections." What did I get my self into!? What is on my coins if this is on that paper? Silver nanoparticles have been shown to have effective antibacterial activity against a range of disease-causing bacteria. Why can we not demand for silver to be put back in our coinage for the health of all of us?

Drewbaccas

Demanding silver to be put back in coins won't do any good. The govt wouldn't be able to get enought silver to do it. I agree with Maverick & the others who said wash your hands with soap & water. That's the best way. By washing your hands you wouldn't be harming the good bacteria that lives inside us but you would be killing the bad bacteria before it could get into your body.

HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread