May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

Vp here, the Bone Dry Crew got out today to a 1890's park/picnic area - which is kinda out of character for us, we had a nice colonial location setup for today but the ground in the farm fields is still frozen solid, so we went back in the woods and hunted this park. It has produced some nice coins in the past I've been told, so we all figured what the heck let's give it a try.

Now after about 3 hours of hunting, I was off by myself when I got an iffy signal deep. I dug and dug and came up with the Barber Quarter first and then the pocket knife.

I finally found the guys about a half mile away in the farm fields bordering the old park. I walked up to them cursing and saying "d&mn, i can't believe there's no silver in this place !!! did you guys find anything???" "no they replied" - "you find anything" they asked, "nah, not really" i said - "well i did find this old pocket knife" handing it to them, they examined it and said "yeah that's cool"... in the same low tone of voice i pulled out the barber quarter and said "oh yeah ... i found this Barber Quarter in the same hole ..." Their eyes lit up and said what the %%%@@@@???!!!!!! we all did the bone dry dance yelling and high fiving !

it was too funny !

The quarter/knife combination was found almost 10 inches deep in some very muddy soil with my SE and the stock 10" coil.

I'll post additional pictures after I clean it with some water/soap.

Take care,

vp
Bone Dry Detecting

Attachments

• parkhunt-001.jpg
    parkhunt-001.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 811
  • parkhunt-002.jpg
    parkhunt-002.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 816
  • parkhunt-003.jpg
    parkhunt-003.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 814
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet coin ;D

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Kevin,

Yo, man, I have to make this one quick. I have a big date tonight with my babe. LMAO

Dude, I am proud of you on that Barber quarter recovery! Yeah, as you stated, it isn't really our style, but we decided to screw around in this defunct park for awhile today. It definitely gave you a nice artifact!

I got irritated by the place about 45 minutes into the hunt and headed out to the Colonial fields nearby (which were frozen - LMAO). I was "John Walter'ing" it! :D

I can't wait for next week, dude! The new Colonial field will be ready for BDD to pound! :D ;D Keep the passion high, BDD member! :)

Bone Dry Detecting...Kirk

P.S. Folks, this park is all woods now.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vpone said:
Hello All,

Vp here, the Bone Dry Crew got out today to a 1890's park/picnic area - which is kinda out of character for us, we had a nice colonial location setup for today but the ground in the farm fields is still frozen solid, so we went back in the woods and hunted this park. It has produced some nice coins in the past I've been told, so we all figured what the heck let's give it a try.

Now after about 3 hours of hunting, I was off by myself when I got an iffy signal deep. I dug and dug and came up with the Barber Quarter first and then the pocket knife.

I finally found the guys about a half mile away in the farm fields bordering the old park. I walked up to them cursing and saying "d&mn, i can't believe there's no silver in this place !!! did you guys find anything???" "no they replied" - "you find anything" they asked, "nah, not really" i said - "well i did find this old pocket knife" handing it to them, they examined it and said "yeah that's cool"... in the same low tone of voice i pulled out the barber quarter and said "oh yeah ... i found this Barber Quarter in the same hole ..." Their eyes lit up and said what the %%%@@@@???!!!!!! we all did the bone dry dance yelling and high fiving !

it was too funny !

The quarter/knife combination was found almost 10 inches deep in some very muddy soil with my SE and the stock 10" coil.

I'll post additional pictures after I clean it with some water/soap.

Take care,

vp
Bone Dry Detecting
Nice big silver VP.
There's always something left in those hunted out parks.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Yo, vpone, that was a great recovery today, man. I knew that you were up to something when you were walking towards me in that ancient field. :D

As I repeatedly said to you after the recovery, "Dude, you are a professional!"

Let's keep detecting the way that would make John Walter proud. :D

Bone Dry Detecting...KylePA

P.S. This site is a defunct amusement park that has yielded an 1852 three-center, an 1891 Morgan dollar, an 1892 dime, a 1904 dime, a 1905 dime, a 1916 dime, 15 Injuns, 5 V-nickels, and a Shield nickel. We have hunted it "on-and-off" for the past 2 years with permission from the sweet landowner.

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY VPONE, YOU WERE INTO A ZONE AT THAT PARK TODAY. YOU STUCK WITH IT OUT THERE AND WERE REWARDED WITH A SWEET SILVER PIECE.

YOU SURE SET US UP WITH THE POCKET KNIFE THING FIRST, AND THEN BROUGHT OUT THE QUARTER. DAMN , I SURE WAS SHOCKED....... GREAT DAY
VICE PRESIDENT ONE................PACO. BDD

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
PACO said:
HEY VPONE, YOU WERE INTO A ZONE AT THAT PARK TODAY. YOU STUCK WITH IT OUT THERE AND WERE REWARDED WITH A SWEET SILVER PIECE.

YOU SURE SET US UP WITH THE POCKET KNIFE THING FIRST, AND THEN BROUGHT OUT THE QUARTER. DAMN , I SURE WAS SHOCKED....... GREAT DAY
VICE PRESIDENT ONE................PACO. BDD

Yo, Paco, I am looking forward to hunting the "new" farm next Sunday. We should get some keepers.

Bone Dry Detecting...KylePA

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkPA said:
Kevin,

Yo, man, I have to make this one quick. I have a big date tonight with my babe. LMAO

Dude, I am proud of you on that Barber quarter recovery! Yeah, as you stated, it isn't really our style, but we decided to screw around in this defunct park for awhile today. It definitely gave you a nice artifact!

I got irritated by the place about 45 minutes into the hunt and headed out to the Colonial fields nearby (which were frozen - LMAO). I was "John Walter'ing" it! :D

I can't wait for next week, dude! The new Colonial field will be ready for BDD to pound! :D ;D Keep the passion high, BDD member! :)

Bone Dry Detecting...Kirk

P.S. Folks, this park is all woods now.

Open those minds, you saw what I got my my park :o

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Nice Barber quad. Looks like it should clean up nicely. Good luck out in the fields for 08'.
HH, Mike in NJ

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Kevin,

Congrats on your quarter. You're showing my buddies how it's done with the SE.
Keep up the great work!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the barber quarter. looks great. wrap up that knife and give it to kirk on his birthday.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vpone,
Congrats on the Barber! Very nice. Your persistence paid off. They must have went through a lot of pocket knives back in the day. I dug up five yesterday at my farm spot.
Great job,
MM

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Captn_SE said:
Kevin,

Congrats on your quarter. You're showing my buddies how it's done with the SE.
Keep up the great work!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

hey thanks dan,

after i showed the guys the quarter/knife combo, they were impressed that the SE pulled out the quarter when it was sitting right under the pocket knife (you can see the rust from the knife on the back of the quarter in the pics) but when i sat the quarter and knife down on the ground and they passed their coils over them, it made a sweet sound too - just goes to show you it's the detectorist skills and not so much the machine - and i think you are definately proof of that ! SE 's are getting to be common place, but not many people have reached the amazing benchmarks you have with the machine

take care and good luck to you in '08

vp
Bone Dry Detecting

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ModernMiner said:
Vpone,
Congrats on the Barber! Very nice. Your persistence paid off. They must have went through a lot of pocket knives back in the day. I dug up five yesterday at my farm spot.
Great job,
MM

5 in one day ???!!! that's pretty cool - i think everyone carried them huh ?

take care - vp

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Buzzard King said:
For some reason, I really LOVE the look of that quarter.
Killer find!

ha ! i think it a quarter only a mother could love - but I'll take it ! it was so dark comming out of the hole, that i thought it was a half cent !

take care

vp
Bone Dry Detecting

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to my hunting buddies

paco, kirk & zoy, it's the good times we've been having together and finds like these (made by all of us) over the last few months that really makes me glad we hooked up and you graciously invited me to join Bone Dry Detecting -

thanks again guys, we have an amazing year coming up, i just know it !

vp
Bone Dry Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread