A Strange Find...

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Went back to the common today, where I was greeted by the horses as usual, and began systematically covering the next field.

Not a great deal to report as yet, but I just know that this field holds something special. I will keep at it over the next few weekends until it gives up the goods.

Most puzzling find was the South African Penny, it was a good 7-8" deep. Just makes me wonder how the heck it travelled half the world to end up in a field in Central England!! ???

Also, the Yamaha ignition cover... how on earth does something like that end up a foot deep in the middle of nowhere?

Still, that's the big pull of this hobby... it sure gets the imagination going! ;D

The relic standing by the farm gate... Circa 1956, used but in reasonable condition. ;D

Attachments

• DSCF0480.jpg
    DSCF0480.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 618
  • DSCF0483.jpg
    DSCF0483.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 607
  • DSCF0478.jpg
    DSCF0478.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 609
Upvote 0

poppa19

Jul 22, 2007
western new york
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
great finds i love the penny from africa, thats why i love this hobby so much you never know what you gonna find.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve_UK said:
Went back to the common today, where I was greeted by the horses as usual, and began systematically covering the next field.

Not a great deal to report as yet, but I just know that this field holds something special. I will keep at it over the next few weekends until it gives up the goods.

Most puzzling find was the South African Penny, it was a good 7-8" deep. Just makes me wonder how the heck it travelled half the world to end up in a field in Central England!! ???

Also, the Yamaha crank cover... how on earth does something like that end up a foot deep in the middle of nowhere?

Still, that's the big pull of this hobby... it sure gets the imagination going! ;D

The relic standing by the farm gate... Circa 1956, used but in reasonable condition. ;D
Same year as me Steve happy hunting for 2008 ;D

ukeden

Jun 16, 2006
cumbria
Detector(s) used
ace 250,whites spectrum
yea thats what makes it so great you just never no what might pop up what program do u have the ace on m8

OP
OP
Steve_UK

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
ukeden said:
yea thats what makes it so great you just never no what might pop up what program do u have the ace on m8

I tend to keep it on 'All Metal' mode, with sensitivity just under maximum ... it gets me a lot of trash, but I miss nothing! ;)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve_UK said:
ukeden said:

I tend to keep it on 'All Metal' mode, with sensitivity just under maximum ... it gets me a lot of trash, but I miss nothing! ;)

Exactly.

Keep system & all metal (although I go for very low Disc on the Cortes & dig everything) going & the goodies will follow.

You will get many more mysterys like that coin, part of the fun. (might be a keep sake from WWII)

I feel you will be rewarded for your efforts. Keep digging them iffy signals :)

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
cool !!! i got one of those south african pennies last year.... ;D ;D ;D
fun finds for sure !!!!! :) :) :) :)

OP
OP
Steve_UK

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
I'm now having a debate on MSN Messenger with my buddy, as to what model this Yamaha ignition cover comes from.

He seems to think it's from a 1970's RD Model. I disagree, but can't back it up as my knowledge of motor cycles is below zilch! I have a sneaky feeling it may be off a generator, rather than a bike.

Any veteran bike fiends out there who may shed some light? ???

Attachments

• DSCF0484b.jpg
    DSCF0484b.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 449

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright Steve! Some great finds there,. looking forward to more post!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look like the cover off an RD350 or 250 class. I've owned a 250 and presently have an 1976 RD400 downstairs in my basement. Collectors item now.

OP
OP
Steve_UK

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
detectahead said:
It does look like the cover off an RD350 or 250 class. I've owned a 250 and presently have an 1976 RD400 downstairs in my basement. Collectors item now.

Bingo! And thanks.... ;D

Attachments

• 75_RD350_Yamaha.jpg
    75_RD350_Yamaha.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 392
  • rd350bsilver02.jpg
    rd350bsilver02.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 367

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread