Bone Mystery

LogansRun

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dog had this bone out in the yard this morning. Any help as to what animal it is would be appreciated. I have sort of a large hand and included it to give perspective. Thanks for any help.
b1 001.jpg b1 002.jpg b1 003.jpg b1 005.jpg b1 006.jpg b1 007.jpg would be appreciated. b2 004.jpg b2 006.jpg b2 001.jpg b2 002.jpg

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wouldn't be so quick to mark this as solved. I see a lot of similarities but also differences with a bear skull at my friends house. The canines are the same and 6 teeth in front. But the molars are different and the head sloping down to the nose is different. Could it be a dog?

Attachments

• bear skull.jpg
    bear skull.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 73
  • bear skull tn.jpg
    bear skull tn.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LogansRun

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't be so quick to mark this as solved. I see a lot of similarities but also differences with a bear skull at my friends house. The canines are the same and 6 teeth in front. But the molars are different and the head sloping down to the nose is different. Could it be a dog?

I have no idea but guess it could be a dog. I don't know where my dog is getting the bones from. I included some more bone pictures I had earlier but was assuming it was a bear from the consensus on here and didn't bother to include them earlier. b3 005.jpg b3 002.jpg b3 007.jpg b3 008.jpg

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I dont know. But here is a Great Dane I found online and it shows that slope to the nose and more molars.

bear skull great dane.jpg bear skull tn.jpg

Upvote 0

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that big slope too I saw some bears that were close in an image search but not to the degree of this one, dog fits much better.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556711811.669962.jpg a dog would also more closely match the foot and number of toes. Possibly coyote or wolf if not a big domestic one
Your newest batch of photos is from a front limb you’ve got a lower back leg an upper front leg and obviously a skull... or cranium for you sticklers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread