Bonus bag of halves today

Joanner

Dec 31, 2007
I order one $1,000 bag of halves a week, but they were unable to get me one for two weeks until today. Since I can't lift these bags, I have the teller take it back to one of the safety deposit rooms where I split it into two and put it in a wheeled tote. I open the bag and start transferring the coins. What is this? There is an Eisenhower dollar, then another, and another. Wait, was is this? The gold-colored dollar coin, and another, and another. :hello:

I am about 1/4 of the way through this bag and so far I have 18 Eisenhower dollars and 18 of the gold-colored ones, and 10 40% halves.

I'll give you an update when I make it through. Looks to be a very nice haul today. :hello2:

Upvote 0

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Do you count the halves to see if you're coming out ahead? I'm curious what the total is. Weird!

OP
OP
J

Joanner

Dec 31, 2007
I don't usually count the exact figure. I break the dumps into either $150 or $200 bags for the various credit union machines I use, sometimes I take a few for spending.

This time I am definitely counting all the coins. Even if they counted the dollars as a half, I would be ahead.

First pass through the bag:
19 Eisenhower dollars
25 small gold-colored dollars
36 40% halves

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
very nice

coin machine once counted a half as a dollar, but yet I was still short .5 when I should have been up .5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread