Bonus hunt on last day of 2007, 2008 has started and Looking back at our 2007

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Wow that is a long title but wanted to try to get it all in. I started this post last night but could not get the pics to fit As our son gave us a shiney new digital camera so I closed until today. This works out good , so now I can report todays finds as well.
As the title started off, We got a bonus hunt for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon, as my office decided to close at 2:00 instead of 5:00. Quick call to Bobbie that I would be home early and out the door we went. Since we didnt have much time until dark. We detected a couple of places nearby that dont produce much. Well in terms of clad the one place didnt produce much a total of 28 cents, few pieces of trash, but oh my what a surprise it coughed up a 21k heart pendant. We did find a couple of dollars in clad at second spot but that was it for goodies. The 10k gold bead ring in the pic came from 2 weeks ago and the silver dragon fly earring came from 3 weeks ago
Today we had sun and wind a little cool but perfect weather for detecting on January 1st. We spent about 4 hours detecting. We found about $13.00 in clad, each a silver pendant, bobbies is the big silver pendant. mine is the butterfly. At the last spot I found the 10k and pink ice ring just into the grass line between the equipment areas.
Lastly, 2007 is now officially in the books. Looking back it was certainly a good year for us as we combine to find over $1200 in clad this year. Bobbie ended up with $691
and I finished with $547. Our total gold count was 95 pieces; Bobbie found 36, I contributed 59 pieces including the pendant from yesterday. Our total silver jewelry
amounted to 89 pieces. Bobbie 42 pieces, I found 47pieces. I found my first silver half dollar in 12 years in 2007 also, so another good memory. We found plenty of foreign coins, junk jewelry, do dads and what nots.
What will 2008 bring, Hopefull each and everyday with lots of sunshine.
Heres a happy new year to all of our friends at T-net
hh
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• SANY0161.JPG
    SANY0161.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 705
  • SANY0162.JPG
    SANY0162.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 694
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bonus hunt on last day of 2007, 2008 has started and Looking back at our 200

very cool finds :)

HH
-GC

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff. Wish I lived in NC. Friends in Greensboro HIgh Point area. Trying to get him started.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds and impressive totals for the year..when you find more gold than silver you've got a good thing going!

Also, thanks for your encouraging replies to my posts in '07, it was really some year to remember.

Nat

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW ! you guys are really a great team :o i think everyone on tnet has had a great year but us :-\ I know its just got to be our area ::) Keep it up Dave and Bobbie great finds for 07 and goodluck on 08 ;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seem's every year you guy's do great...and this one is no exception.Congrat's to both of you on an awesome year.Best of Luck in 08' Dave and Bobbie....Alway's pullin' the Goodie's ;)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bonus hunt on last day of 2007, 2008 has started and Looking back at our 200

"Looking back it was certainly a good year for us as we combine to find over $1200 in clad this year. Bobbie ended up with $691 and I finished with $547. Our total gold count was 95 pieces; Bobbie found 36, I contributed 59 pieces including the pendant from yesterday. Our total silver jewelry amounted to 89 pieces. Bobbie 42 pieces, I found 47pieces."

Dave and Bobbie,
That's a fantastic amount of clad and jewelry for the year!!! You two are quite a team. Remember to stay on the East side of NC, I'm already having a hard enough time without competition. ;D ;)
Way to go!
Looking forward to your posts this year. "Great in 08' "
-MM-
Doug

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Doug thanks, you just never know where that silver imapala will show up next ::) , your right though there seemed to be a lot more competition out there last year. We found ourselves constantly readjusting our sites to make sure we could bring something home that was of interest, dont forget our shadows and your silver max are first cousins could almost be first family members
heres to 2008
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Thanks Bobby, I was thrilled to find a piece of gold on the last day of the year and then again the first day of the new year. Hopefully you guys will have a short winter and you and the groundhog will be out swinging again
heres to 2008
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Thanks civilman, I spent 4 years of college in WV 4 monthes of that was at the VA in Martinsburg. Still have some dear friends there. Too bad they dont detect. I always look forward to your finds, Cause I can close my eyes and remember those rolling hillsides of Eastern WV. Not to mention the trotter track in charles town
heres to 2008
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Thanks Weasel, I thought about you guys couple of weeks ago when we went through Parkersburg on our way to Mich to Bobbies folks for Christmas. Ill let you guys in on a secret that Bobbie already knows. Her engagement ring I found back in 1996 came from a park in WV. I look forward to seeing your guys finds because I have been in the parkersburg area as well as Huntington area. Even spent a couple of monthes in Fort Gay back in spring of 97
heres to 2008
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Thanks Nat, you too had a super year, I expect you will do even better next year
looking forward to seeing some froms form the midwest
heres to 2008
hh
dave+bobbie

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you two guys had another Great Year. Congrats!!! It is always great to hunt with a partner.

Again nice post and thanks for the pics.

HH,Ringfinder

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Thanks ringfinder, your right about the partner, I was telling bobbie tuesday when we were out that I am so used to detedting with her that when I hunt those 4 or 5 days a year by myself while she is gone I have a hard time trying to cover both areas. You had a great year too wtg
here is 2008
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Sore knee thanks we have severeal members here that are in Greensboro area that would probably pitch in and introduce them, you finished with some great finds
wtg
heres to 2008
hh
dave+bobbie

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds you guy's! :)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds you guys! :) Here's to your continued success in '08!

HH!
TBGO

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sure is a small world Dave and Bobbie ! We are looking to come down to north carolina this summer ;D we have been watching cash and treasures and want to go to the Gem mimes to see if we can find some gems then get in some detecting down there somewhere :D so i hope you guys and modernminer can let us squeeze in the middle of the state somewhere ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread