Bonus hunt on last day of 2007, 2008 has started and Looking back at our 2007

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Wow that is a long title but wanted to try to get it all in. I started this post last night but could not get the pics to fit As our son gave us a shiney new digital camera so I closed until today. This works out good , so now I can report todays finds as well.
As the title started off, We got a bonus hunt for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon, as my office decided to close at 2:00 instead of 5:00. Quick call to Bobbie that I would be home early and out the door we went. Since we didnt have much time until dark. We detected a couple of places nearby that dont produce much. Well in terms of clad the one place didnt produce much a total of 28 cents, few pieces of trash, but oh my what a surprise it coughed up a 21k heart pendant. We did find a couple of dollars in clad at second spot but that was it for goodies. The 10k gold bead ring in the pic came from 2 weeks ago and the silver dragon fly earring came from 3 weeks ago
Today we had sun and wind a little cool but perfect weather for detecting on January 1st. We spent about 4 hours detecting. We found about $13.00 in clad, each a silver pendant, bobbies is the big silver pendant. mine is the butterfly. At the last spot I found the 10k and pink ice ring just into the grass line between the equipment areas.
Lastly, 2007 is now officially in the books. Looking back it was certainly a good year for us as we combine to find over $1200 in clad this year. Bobbie ended up with $691
and I finished with $547. Our total gold count was 95 pieces; Bobbie found 36, I contributed 59 pieces including the pendant from yesterday. Our total silver jewelry
amounted to 89 pieces. Bobbie 42 pieces, I found 47pieces. I found my first silver half dollar in 12 years in 2007 also, so another good memory. We found plenty of foreign coins, junk jewelry, do dads and what nots.
What will 2008 bring, Hopefull each and everyday with lots of sunshine.
Heres a happy new year to all of our friends at T-net
hh
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• SANY0161.JPG
    SANY0161.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 705
  • SANY0162.JPG
    SANY0162.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 694
Upvote 0

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emerald Hollow Mine

weasel606 said:
sure is a small world Dave and Bobbie ! We are looking to come down to north carolina this summer ;D we have been watching cash and treasures and want to go to the Gem mimes to see if we can find some gems then get in some detecting down there somewhere :D so i hope you guys and modernminer can let us squeeze in the middle of the state somewhere ;)

My wife and a good high school friend went gem hunting at the Emerald Hollow Mine in Hiddenite NC this summer. We had fun but it was 94 degress which limited our fun. The sluicing for stones was the most fun. Read about gem formations before you go to know what to look for. I will go back again and may just look in some creeks in the area, too. $15 for all day, sluicing, creek sluicing, and hillside mining.

We all found emeralds but only my wife Leda found a small one that is gem quality. Have fun. Wear old clothes and buy rubber gloves for sluicing. Don't get cheap ones; they rip easily.

The entrance to the mine area is tricky and very rough-- go slow.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck to you both in the up coming year! Nice job on the gold rings............... :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$ ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED!!!!!! :o AND allllll that gold and silver!!! 8) You two are something else! 8) Love reading about your adventures throughout the year.

Happy New Year, ya'll!!!

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions