Book Score Friday

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Picked up this 12 volume set of "Expositor's Bible Commentary" on Friday for $30. There's some dust on the tops of the books & a couple very tiny marks on the dust jackets. Otherwise in like new condition. Looks like this version sells on ebay for $120-180.
001.JPG

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow...nice find!!!

Honestly, I probably would have passed on that set. Many of the commentaries that I used to buy and flip have dropped significantly in value because so much is online or on CD-ROM.

I just bought a parallel Bible. Those used to sell for $30 to $50+. When I looked up the one I had...it was not worth listing.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Looked it up on the smart phone before buying. Wouldn't have touched it otherwise.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have looked mine up on my phone first. I bought a box of Scientology books last week. They were still sealed in shrink wrap. Unfortunately, the main "Dianetics" book was missing as well as two others. I guess it's like the basic Scientology starter set that is supposed to contain 18 books. I only have 15. I'm glad it was only $5 for the box full. Seems these Scientologists pay a premium for these books and then they are sent around the country (and world) to different libraries as donations to help "spread the word" I guess.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I spent an hour yesterday taking pictures, wrapping the books individually & listing these. A close examination showed some idiot had broken the spine on volume 7. I started my listing at $99 & put a BIN of $149.99. Sold in 3 hours. I don't generally put a BIN on my listings. These were selling between $120-180 with most in the $130-150 range. With the broken spine on volume 7 I figured my BIN price was fair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions