Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As close as I can come (made returns and did not take pics of everything or anything on some trips)
but was going over finds from Caribbean and Mex. trips - been on like 17
over 220 rings
I have found over 150 = gold, silver and other precious metal rings (over 80 gold ones)
10 other gold items (necklaces bracelets, pendants, earrings)
over 75 other silver items (necklaces, bracelets, pendants, earrings)
99% in the water- wasn't always easy - most times it was hard work
most of which can be seen in this album
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1795.html

Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still want to try water hunting someday but would love to travel like you do. Keep it up

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never had much luck beach detecting, but it probably has something to to with Mississippi beaches suck. Beautiful sand water crap and you have to walk out so far to get waste deep, so it’s not that heavenly populated. Or maybe I don’t like walking in that sand (legs start hurting lol) and didn’t do it in the water much. I’ll say not as easy as it looks. Our water is black so pinpointing can be a pain lining up the scoop. I don’t know maybe I’m just that guy who obsessively feels the need to dig hard clay in 100 degree heat and having to rub Tiger Balm on my arms and legs everyday.

I did wake up last weak and so sick of the heat I pulled out my stealth scoop and the 800 and went to a old small swimming hole in historic part of town. Water knee high water clear still hard to scoop the object in the scoop right way. There’s a deeper part but don’t have water proof headphones and isn’t it harder to scoop in 4/5 feet of water?

Now I would love to scuba. I just haven’t followed through. Procrastination

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had much luck beach detecting, but it probably has something to to with Mississippi beaches suck. Beautiful sand water crap and you have to walk out so far to get waste deep, so it’s not that heavenly populated. Or maybe I don’t like walking in that sand (legs start hurting lol) and didn’t do it in the water much. I’ll say not as easy as it looks. Our water is black so pinpointing can be a pain lining up the scoop. I don’t know maybe I’m just that guy who obsessively feels the need to dig hard clay in 100 degree heat and having to rub Tiger Balm on my arms and legs everyday.

I did wake up last weak and so sick of the heat I pulled out my stealth scoop and the 800 and went to a old small swimming hole in historic part of town. Water knee high water clear still hard to scoop the object in the scoop right way. There’s a deeper part but don’t have water proof headphones and isn’t it harder to scoop in 4/5 feet of water?

Now I would love to scuba. I just haven’t followed through. Procrastination
4/5 FT OF WATER - YOU NEED LONG HANDLED SCOOP - if you have spots with clear water - try goggles or mask
to line up scoop instead of feeling around with foot - mask makes a ton of a difference - I can dig 3 to 4 times more targets wearing a mask than most that
don't - I can see exactly wear to place my scoop and on fresh or shallower stuff I can get target on first try 90% of the time - some times you will see
targets sticking out of the sand or soil - had a few friends try water hunting - offered them masks - they turned down and were
chasing new quarters all over the bottom - scooping 5 - 6 times -I finally went over and put my face in and told them there were coins here and there
all over and if they tried the mask - they would have gotten them all about a half hour ago - if you don't like to wear a mask or goggles
I tell guys - just wear them around their neck or on their head and put on when needed - you get in a spot where there are stud earrings
that fall thru your scoop constantly and youll wish you had some with you - I got one fresh water spot that I must have gotten about 20 stud earrings
and place gets hit by bunch of guys - but none wear mask and i'll get a hit and i'll say that sound like an earrings - I will look down and see 6-7 scoop marks
in different directions and then see the earring sticking out on top of the sand - it kept falling thru on them and they gave up
if you have dark brown or blackish water - cloudy water - without a mask - you can put high fluorescent tape on scoop and on coil or
get some cheap glow sticks and mount them on coil and scoop

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as far as I know they been trying to release those for a few yrs now - saw them when they were in development - not cheap and not available
in US yet - I have an electric hookah, a gas powered hookah and a snuba set up -all very tough to get in most spots with up here
cause parking is far from the water and everything you need to take with you together is heavy
that system being so compact would be great but you still need weight belt and a few other accessories and have to hope water is not half mile away

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as far as I know they been trying to release those for a few yrs now - saw them when they were in development - not cheap and not available
in US yet - I have an electric hookah, a gas powered hookah and a snuba set up -all very tough to get in most spots with up here
cause parking is far from the water and everything you need to take with you together is heavy
that system being so compact would be great but you still need weight belt and a few other accessories and have to hope water is not half mile away

Yeah I hear ya.That system was suppose to be for sale last month.At 21 pounds its by far the lightest .

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other

RTR - They've been really delayed in production. I bought into them awhile ago, target delivery was early Summer 2018. Now my enthusiasm has waned and with the problems the Airbuddy people are describing, I'm not so sure they will deliver for Summer of 2019. I know, I know... I'm an idiot and I should have known better. Whenever I begin to doubt that fact, my wife reminds me in her gentle, loving way. Guess I'll have to get recertified for SCUBA but like Truth1253, I've been "getting around to it" for the last few years.
HH
dts

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried Hooka what a hassle. Did a couple scuba hunts, less of a hassle but still a hassle. Found less than a normal hunt on each.

Finally concluded it's all about percentages and crowds are your gold filled hills, unless you are hunting an old swimming area, dock, etc, and know where the crowds were in the past.

Mask and snorkel is definitely a plus if the water is clear... mornings are best.

Last edited:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Casper, for being the results of being bored, you've got a nicely informative and interesting thread going here! Thanks!

Rings

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2018
Coastal Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great finds man. Gotta love that water hunting. I know I do.... Hey I am going to try this good idea
you can put high fluorescent tape on scoop and on coil or

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely great idea, CASPER-2. I especially like glow sticks idea. Thanks !

you can put high fluorescent tape on scoop and on coil or

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread