Bottle Dumps

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see a thread for this on this forum. So I thought it would be a good subject to start chatting about.

I know that you can go to your local city building or courthouse and get maps to locate the old maps of properties. They show where the outhouses were and that is where people used to toss their trash if they didn't toss their garbage in a pile along the property lines. I have found several bottles while working in concrete. When we would excavate to install a basement. I would always keep my eyes peeled for bottle treasures and other artifacts. I found a Listerine bottle, horse shoes, and numberous other items over the years.

Please share your finds with the rest of us. I would love to hear your stories. . . :read2:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go on line and look up Sanborn Insurance Maps from your area. They date back into the 1800's and are very informative. They are to scale and will greatly aid your hunt for outhouses in some cases. Good luck.

OP
OP
BrutalBeck

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rebel,

I live in Wisconsin and know of these property maps. They tell us alot about the history of our cities. Alot of people don't realise how lucrative simple bottles can be eh? I travel around Wisconsin to look for old farms and abandoned properties (with permission of course) to search for dumps and outhouse placements. Most of which have piles of glass fragments and rusted objects. But there is always a couple items that weren't damaged or were covered enough from the elements. The thing I like most is the history of each item and the story it tells about America and it's people. Some dumps aee similar and some have their own unique story to tell. Thanks for your comment and please share your stories when you can. Nothing is ever dull when it comes to history. Every story is a treasure.

Eureka!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions