Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this in a 1800s trash pit in my yard. When I went to do research on it online I could not even find the store that sold it. Any info about it, its age and its value would be great.

P.S. The bottle is embossed, "trade mark registered full measure pint A. Williams & son family wine store 410 Hanover ST. Boston"
IMG_20131020_140200.jpg
IMG_20131020_140240.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some close-up pics of the embossing in natural light would be better. Stand it in a window with the sun shining and take a few shots of the front.

Upvote 0

curt_in_wmass

Dec 11, 2011
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to a bottle book...if side seam just goes over shoulder pre 1860,most of the way up the neck is 1860-1880,if continues through the top but not all the way to very top its 1880-1890 and if goes full length of bottle after 1900.

Upvote 0

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
According to a bottle book...

Hey Curt,

I'd argue against the accuracy of those kind of charts, or any such blanket statements in regards to mouth blown bottles. Yes, I know, I've seen them in Michael Polak's books & Kovells', too, I believe.

Nearly 20 years of digging & reading about old glass has convinced me otherwise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coinman,

It looks late 19th Century to me, from out here in the cheap seats. The high shoulders, and all that upper embossing also speak to that 1890 something era.

I, too, would like to see natural light, photos, please. Closeups of the neck and lip as the seams fade, and of the base, as well.

I've searched a bunch, on 2 search engines, and am sorry to report that history of the Williams Family Wine Store, at least as available electronically, has dropped out of sight into the dark waters of history.

'Before_me_lie_dark_waters'_engraving_by_William_Miller_after_Birket_Foster.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread