🥇 BANNER Bottle with a note inside 5 to 6 inches deep in the ground.

Haywire629

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2017
GRAND DETOUR / OREGON IL
Detector(s) used
WHITES M6 AND MINELAB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me say that the people that some of you are researching on this might not be the person in this note.
I typed in one of the names to find out his obituary and if i didn't have the date of birth and the date of death
than there were like 10,000 something people with the same name in Minnesota over the years. So birth date and
date of death is needed .

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
tou also have to look at relatives, there are many coincedences when tracking down geneology, but to have the same name for a wife, children
and all thats why im sure about hubachek, Zahradnik and Holets 95% sure.

Im sure we will all agree that we dont have the name we are really looking for, "ME" the guy that wrote the note.

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Let me say that the people that some of you are researching on this might not be the person in this note.
I typed in one of the names to find out his obituary and if i didn't have the date of birth and the date of death
than there were like 10,000 something people with the same name in Minnesota over the years. So birth date and
date of death is needed .

The key for me was the reference in the note to Frank Hubachek having a saloon in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin circa 1900-1910.

I feel confident that Frank Hubachek is the same man as who was living in Putnam Township, Linn Co. Iowa in 1895. The fact that he is living right by people with the name Holets and Zahradnik is further evidence IMO that area somehow plays a part in this.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The key for me was the reference in the note to Frank Hubachek having a saloon in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin circa 1900-1910.

I feel confident that Frank Hubachek is the same man as who was living in Putnam Township, Linn Co. Iowa in 1895. The fact that he is living right by people with the name Holets and Zahradnik is further evidence IMO that area somehow plays a part in this.
That, along with the fact that the same names were all found on the CCC rosters. I do wish we knew if they were all in the same company at the same time, though.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the original poster has made copies and pictures of everything in case his Find is confiscated.
Interesting story and some great Detectives on here. You all are to be commended.
Marvin

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope the original poster has made copies and pictures of everything in case his Find is confiscated.
Interesting story and some great Detectives on here. You all are to be commended.
Marvin

Why might it be confiscated?

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took it to the History Center of Olmsted County here in Rochester,Mn.
I filled out a form so if they don't want it or can't use it i get it back.:icon_thumleft:

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took it to the History Center of Olmsted County here in Rochester,Mn.
I filled out a form so if they don't want it or can't use it i get it back.:icon_thumleft:
Very cool! Did they seem sincerely interested in it? Do you think they will be investigating, and if so, will they let you know? Or is it just going to sit on a shelf somewhere?

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is very, very interesting, and you made me read the whole thing!

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool! Did they seem sincerely interested in it? Do you think they will be investigating, and if so, will they let you know? Or is it just going to sit on a shelf somewhere?
They will let me know .I don't know if they are investigating.

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been following this post like so many others and all of y'alls efforts and research should certainly be commended. I hate to be a downer or even devil's advocate but concidering the connection to the mental hospital for alcoholics, the nonsensical ramblings, bizarre dates, etc. it could be the work of a drunken madman.
I hope I'm wrong and it turns up or even solves a cold case murder, now that would be cool.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been following this post like so many others and all of y'alls efforts and research should certainly be commended. I hate to be a downer or even devil's advocate but concidering the connection to the mental hospital for alcoholics, the nonsensical ramblings, bizarre dates, etc. it could be the work of a drunken madman.
I hope I'm wrong and it turns up or even solves a cold case murder, now that would be cool.
And the only way to know is to find out

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really don't believe that to be the case. I base that on the understanding that the men were all in the CCC together, though. I suppose that it is possible that the writer of the notes knew them all "back in the day", and recalled their names and made up an absurd story years later (although the bottle dates exactly to the CCC period), but that isn't how I'm reading it. I think everything happened in the CCC camp. We don't really have any evidence that the mental hospital was at all involved, just because it was near there.

Of course, I could be wrong. At this point, all we have is speculation.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. the only way to find out anything is if the note has a legitimate meaning. If it's truly insane babble, you'll never know.
So you figure out its babble by ignoring it and saying it's just babble. [emoji6]

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think this means?

"all were ready to drive me in there"

Did they use the term "drive" back then? and if so, what was he being driven in?

Interesting thread that's for sure.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you think this means?

"all were ready to drive me in there"

Did they use the term "drive" back then? and if so, what was he being driven in?

Interesting thread that's for sure.
Hell, they drove cattle in the 1800's, didn't they? And they drove v8 Fords in the 1930's. Women have been driving men crazy since Eve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions