bottles and bottles...

dump_digger

Dec 22, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's prizm 950
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Digging through my attic for some books I stumbled upon some of mine and my husbands bottle collection which has been packed up and found these (it was a wonderful rediscovery) old things that need some cleaning and general TLC. Some are in really good condition and don't need any help from me but a place on a shelf. I have no idea where to start. Suggestions?
20170129_171606.jpg 20170129_171645.jpg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to keep everything grouped together, sodas, medicines, inks, whatever I have that I want to display or show to friends

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CLR is good. I drop copper shot (cut up copper wire) in my bottles with a little Barkerpers Friend or CLR, cover the hole with my finger and start shaking

Last edited:

rebecca378

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Other
@dump_digger Their condition looks awesome. Do you have any plan to sell them? I know a friend who sell custom made artistic crystal water bottle , and he was looking for some old bottle for some sort of awareness exhibition . Let me know if you are interested

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dump_digger

Dec 22, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's prizm 950
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know that I would sell this particular lot, but I literally have boxes and boxes of bottles that I wouldn't mind parting with. What kind of bottles is he interested in?

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your second photo, there is an amber bottle on the back row, 3rd bottle from the right. Looks like a bitters. What does the embossing read?

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soap water and a baby bottle brush. Don't spend more cleaning them because while neat I see none in the photos that are worth a monetary investment

sherm

Feb 8, 2017
mt jewett pa
Detector(s) used
minelab eurka gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! that thin aqua bottle in the very front, resembles one I found. Is there Danish or Netherland embossing on it? If so, most likely had opium in it. Mine was appraised at a bottle show in Buffalo NY. for $50. Hours of cleaning you got there.

OP
OP
D

dump_digger

Dec 22, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's prizm 950
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
*sigh* Gaspipe, thank you for your opinion on the minimal value of the pictured bottles. Every bottle on that table with the exception of one was found by my husband or myself. I love old bottles. I love the craftsmanship that used to go into them ( I feel the same way about toys, furniture, buildings, etc). I've been picking up old bottles for 20 years, my husband longer. Never in all that time have I dug up and/or bent over to pick up a bottle and wondered what it was worth, because honestly, I don't care. I think I have some pretty cool stuff. That's just me. I've been cleaning on them and am nearly done. I'll post some pics tomorrow. If you see them then and still think they're worthless, so be it. ☺

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I was betting on it being a Hostetter's. It's got a little value as well as long as there are no chips or cracks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread