Bought the PiratePro

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Re: Which detector for me?

apiratelooks@40 said:
I want to hunt land as well as surf and beach (no diving) I want good results. I don't mind digging everything. My price range is around $350. I want a good quality machine no Chinese junk. Please give me some opinions. I am located in NC. Thank you.
Not to many detectors in your budget range but there are a couple. Garrett has a special going for their Ace250. It depends on what you expect from a detector also.

If you check out detector companies on line and find out what they have in your price range and ask questions on the forum for people who use the ones your looking at, you will get helpfull responses. Jim

OP
OP
SkyPirate

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Jim, But I dont think the Ace 250 has a waterproof coil. I would be interested in hearing which detectors fit my projected use and what the price range is. I may be able to save a while and pay a little more or by a per-owned detector. Thamks, Joe

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600

Some decent choices - the Garret Ace 250, as mentioned, the Tesoro Silver Umax, Fisher Labs F2. Look into the MineLab X-Terra series too.
If you can find a USED White's MXT for that price you would be doing well.

Here's a good list of clubs, on-line forums, and the major metal detecting sites.
Check out the Reviews site.

Good luck :thumbsup:

http://www.metaldet101.com/links.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread