Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
You had better start MD'ing for a living if your book is anything like that Podcast.

Attachments

• oldmandetecting.gif
    oldmandetecting.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 283

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
You sound like a hoot Dan, and a lot like I will end up as when I hit retirement age. I had a radio show when I was in college. I celebrated World Aids Day by playing nothing but four hours of songs about sex while throwing bags of condoms (with instructions) out of the window of my booth at passersby...of course, it was also the day the college had prospective students and their parents visiting. I used to make couple of bucks a day coin shooting at tot lots and kiddie parks. My daughter liked it because she PMCSed the playground equipment.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter went detecting with me last week end and we only made about .25 cents a hour. A long way from minimum wage but we did have fun.....Matt

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I enjoy the excitement of not knowing what is next.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
My grandson is running the detector and doing the digging . Exuberant 8 year old with good knees and back and the innocence of youth .
Pappy provides the ride and the encouragement as well as some history of the 1800's sites we go to .

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Metal detecting is a hobby that can pay for itself if you do some research before swinging the detector. If I expect minimum wage out of it then i would retire because it would be to much like work for what I get back from it. Detecting is a sport type hobby for me that gives me a thrill when I find silver coins or a gold nugget.

This is a well paid hobby that is fun. It is NOT a boring minimum wage job from nine to five. I have my own hours and no boss to tell me that I'm over paid for what I do.

Minimum wage: Payment to a person that can't figure out what to do in life for themself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread