Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Hey everyone, I'm new here and have only been MD'ing since 12/25/07 which is when I got my detector (x-mas gift from the wife). I'm still trying to learn my machine, it's a BH QD II (same as title). I was wondering if anyone else out there has one and what could they yell me about it. I'm having a rough time trying to figure out how to set the Disc and the Sens. I know part of the problem is I haven't been able to get out with it near as much as I'd like to but I'm working on it. I posted this on the regular metal detecting area the other day. I didn't see this area for BH otherwise i would have posted here first. I was out this morning and I got a lot of beeps but I couldn't find them. I managed to pull 4 items out of the ground (fishing weight, 2 nails, 1 washer) but I had a huge whole going before I got to them. Actually 3 big holes in my backyard , I would bet that if I would've seen anything shine it would've been the sun coming thru from the other side. I know I'm not setting my disc and sens right and my pinpointing, well, lets just say I narrowed it down to the backyard. Those are exaggerations but I'm just getting a bit frustrated.

newbieprospector

Jun 22, 2006
Williamsburg, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope you haven't given up...I just found your post and I've had my QD II for several years. Not a bad little machine at all, I've used it in the desert, the mountains, the beaches just about any condition you can imagine. I recently pulled a 1912 Liberty Head nickel out of my yard with it too. You want to change those settings depending on what your looking for and the type of ground you're looking in...I've found the best general setting for mine when I don't want to dig much trash is the sensitivity in about the 2:00 position and the disc/notch on the all metal setting but then press the auto notch button. This gets you fairly deep and cancels out most iron and pull tabs, unfortunately it cancels out some small gold too but you dig a lot less trash. If I get a low signal in this setting that tends to come and go I hit the disc/all metal button and the tone will usually come back stronger if it's a real signal. Then just make sure you hit the auto notch button again when you're ready to continue. I've never been disappointed with this method but lately I've just put it in all metal mode and sensitivity as high up as it will go without chattering and I dig everything...even the trash. I hope this helps some and feel free to PM me or respond here if you have more specific questions. Oh yeah...and to help pinpoint those signals...when you get the tone sweeping back and forth change your swing to forward and back until the tone is where your two swings intersect...x marks the spot so to speak ;) Remember...low and slow ;)

Under

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2008
I have a BH QDII as well and Im new at this too. I did the same thing dug up backyard finding so call crap. well thought I would try something new went across the field to find my !st dig outside my yard was 1890 Morgan and thought OMG. found over 20 wheatie and dimes and crap of course in only 2 hours of hunting! so what i have done is set my depth in the middle cancel out some metals and swingt away seems to best for me. There is lot of good people on this site that will help you. Read away thats what I did now Iam HOOKED 4 LIFE.
good luck! :thumbsup:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BH QDII is the same machine as the BH Pioneer 202. My 202 is a great machine except for it's inability to pinpoint very well, in fact very poorly. I have gone to using a probe, like I used to use years ago on old TR units. This is yeilding better results in recovery. The probe looks like a screwdriver, but is made of brass, and comes to a point like a nail. I am able to tell when I am touching the coin, and then I dig it out. You might want to give this a try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread