Bounty hunter tracker iv

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I was wondering if you can find gold and silver with the tracker Iv? Because I've been detecting for a long time but just found junk and clad coins. What do you think about the tracker Iv? What did you find so far with you tracker Iv?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

DigDug1

Jan 16, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Teknetiics Eurotek Pro , Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and silver can be found with the Tracker IV. As long as you do not have the descrimination turned up too high and you dig the tones that you get. Grab a gold ring and swing it under your coil, you will know that it works.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold and silver can be found with the Tracker IV. As long as you do not have the descrimination turned up too high and you dig the tones that you get. Grab a gold ring and swing it under your coil, you will know that it works.

Okay thanks :)

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi I was wondering if you can find gold and silver with the tracker Iv? Because I've been detecting for a long time but just found junk and clad coins. What do you think about the tracker Iv? What did you find so far with you tracker Iv?

The tracker will detect anything that is about 6 inches or so from the ground. I use all metal mode and have disc/sens set at 0. If you set the sensitivity up, the depth which you can detect decreases. Otherwise it will detect anything.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The tracker will detect anything that is about 6 inches or so from the ground. I use all metal mode and have disc/sens set at 0. If you set the sensitivity up, the depth which you can detect decreases. Otherwise it will detect anything.

I'm confused. How do you put the sensitivity and discrimination to 0?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I can help -- first thing you need to do is to understand how a metal detector works * it puts out an "electrical field" under its coil --as you swing the coil over metal the metal causes the field to be "disturbed" --different types of metal disturb it to different degrees , the size of the item also matters --it called "electrical conductivity" --one metal is more conductive than another --that's how a detector attempts to sort aluminum from iron or silver-- with the tracker IV --there are 3 tones -- a blat (fart sound) it means iron -- a dull ping (mid tone) that's for nickles , aluminum and gold --a sharp ping --means copper cents pre 83 --clad dimes and quarters and silver items and coins --- to proper set your discrimation for discrimation mode you will need a nickel or gold item and a pulltab --go outside find a clear bit of metal free ground (scan in all metal first to be sure) --the place the pulltab on the ground --as well as the gold item /nickel about 3 feet apart -- put the toggle switch into "disc mode" turn the disc knob all the way the left --now wave the coil over the pull tab --it should "ring up" --slowly wave it over it while turning the "disc" knob to the right --until it stops "ringing up" --now check it with the nickel / gold item --if they ring up -- great your set to go --if not very slowly go back to the left until it does "ring up"-- note the nickel / gold item should sould crisp and sharp "ping" the pulltabs if they come in at all should sound "crackly or fuzzy"--noticeably different

being a "sound only" anolog type machine --the sound and tones the machine makes are quite important --that how it "tells" you what it thinks it has found --some items while made of different metals and different sizes will have a very similar "electrical conductivity level" --like nickles, some gold items and aluminum pull tabs --some can be sorted out but others can't be --so if you want gold --you will have to dig tabs

Last edited:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm confused. How do you put the sensitivity and discrimination to 0?

The knob on the left is sensitivity - so setting it to high as it can go is what I meant by 'zero'.. The knob on the right is discrimination - so setting it all the way to the left on the lowest is what I meant by 'zero'.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The knob on the left is sensitivity - so setting it to high as it can go is what I meant by 'zero'.. The knob on the right is discrimination - so setting it all the way to the left on the lowest is what I meant by 'zero'. Hope that helps.

Ok thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread