Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
Land Ranger Pro, MSRP $449. Go to detecting.com and you can see pictures of the faceplate and the detector, and specifications. No downloadable manual yet. Looks like it might be a worthwhile acquisition. Or should I wait for the Tesoro Cazador?

374digger

Oct 20, 2013
Merrillville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you are talking about the Platinum Pro, instead of the 8 inch coil, it comes with a 11 inch DD coil, I own a Platinum, and bought a 11 inch coil for it, but the original 8 inch, in my opinion, works better with this unit, the 11 inch is supposed to give more depth, but the 8 inch beats this coil, specially in the all-metal mode, another thing, the detector with the 11 inch coil raised the price one hundred dollars, but the 11 inch coil costs $169.00.
This is not a bad deal, but there are only two distributors, Cabela's, and Detector Electronics (metaldetector.com), but don't go to Cabela's, this detector with the 8 inch coil goes for over $500.00, whereas metaldetector.com sells it for $300.00, and they give a bunch of extra stuff with it, the people who own it and their reps are very knowledgeable, and very polite, excellent Customer Service.
I've found a lot of coins , a man's gold ring, a silver and turquoise bracelet, a cob-like Spanish coin, in only a few hunts, this detector is worth more than what you pay for it,
Good Luck

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the land ranger pro looks to be a nice machine. I wonder how it will compare to my 505 pioneer

RonnieInNaples

Jul 11, 2014
Naples and Bell,Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Whites Goldmaster 66-TR,
Whites Beachcomber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new here. I just picked up the new Land Ranger Pro from Kellyco. It is all pretty new to me since my last detector was made in 1975. I have done some minimal testing with it in my back yard. So far I find it easy to use.

Jul 14, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Detector(s) used
Primarily Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also take a look at the Quick Draw Pro, been using one for the last 3 weeks. It is very easy to use, lightweight and depth is impressive. List price is $299. and it comes with a 5 1/2 X 10 coil which is waterproof.

NIBBLER

Apr 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
took the landranger pro out yesterday.I must say purty nice unit.Well except for the push in connector.Bought it to be a back up to my back up, but I really did enjoy using it.

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to bounty hunter about 2 weeks ago and asked them which machine was simular to the pioneer 505. The tech person told me the quick draw pro. I asked if that was the middle machine in regards to price point and he said yes. So the new most expensive model in the pro series would be a step up. I am looking at it, but most likely will have to wait till next year.

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nibbler, thats the top of line, right?

NIBBLER

Apr 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's right.U can find some purty good deals on them already.Really don't know whats up with that but if they come down any more i will have to buy another one.lol.Really would be nice to beable to use like the 3x6 elliptical coil.
This thing is light as a feather and at this price point and the good performance it has ,u can't go wrong.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The Land Ranger Pro should be the best Bounty Hunter ever. The fact sheet on detecting.com does not explain in detail or even list all the features & special abilities. As for that $449 MSRP, dealers are apparently allowed to sell much cheaper. I found some extra info on it from dealers ads, sounds quite exciting. It has a big array of features & seems to offer more then anything in its price range. I guess we could check You Tube to see if any videos yet.

Air tests with perfect sound 10.5" on dime, 11.5" on quarter, in all metal non-motion. 10" on dime in motion all metal; 9.5" on dime in disc motion coins mode. Lots of tone options, ground grab, manual ground balance & preset ground balance. No unwanted noise in house with sens at max (10). Best wishes, George (MN)

Last edited:

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bounty Hunter used to get bashed a lot on TNet, but, these days, people are finding out that the machines may be inexpensive, but, they do perform pretty well. You actually get a lot of bang for your buck.

As for any of the First Texas Manufacturing line, I prefer the rotary on/off switches of the older BH machines. The batteries last a lot longer in those machines than the ones you put in the "blister button" models. They drain a tiny bit of power at all times. I prefer machines that don't use any juice while sitting in a closet.

Last edited:

foiled_again

Jan 29, 2013
DFW area, TX
Detector(s) used
CZ7a, Compadre (wader mod), Land Ranger Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been trying to figure out the logic of the Bounty Hunter/Fisher/Teknetics lines. Is there any systematic difference between the three? It seems that there are a lot of close similarities across lines (T2/F75, Omega 8000/F5) but if there's some method to this madness, it's not apparent. How does FTP decide which line a new machine goes to? Inquiring minds want to know.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been trying to figure out the logic of the Bounty Hunter/Fisher/Teknetics lines. Is there any systematic difference between the three? It seems that there are a lot of close similarities across lines (T2/F75, Omega 8000/F5) but if there's some method to this madness, it's not apparent. How does FTP decide which line a new machine goes to? Inquiring minds want to know.

Depending on the machines, yes, there are differences. The good thing is that First Texas Manufacturing has been able to share the technology between lines. Some of the features are only slightly different, others are vastly different.

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They took a page out of the play book of auto manufactures.
When you first start driving you buy a chevy, as you get a little older and more successful you move up the ladder to a buick, and when you finally make it you buy a caddy. For the most part the cars are built on the same platform it's just the trim levels and badges are changed.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
George Payne was the engineer of the "muffler on a stick" line. It had great abilities for the cost. But the newer Pro line is designed by Dave Johnson as chief engineer. He, along with Jorge Saad and John Gardiner, designed the newer Fishers and Teknetics after FTP bought them. The new line is a whole different process starting with the Fisher F5. The new Bounty Hunter Pro line uses the same process as the Eurotek Pro, Teknetics Greek series, and the Fisher F5. The F70 and F75 process is an advanced process of the F5 as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread