All Treasure Hunting

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never used the Time Ranger, so I can't comment. What I WILL say, however, is that the quicksilver is an unmitigated piece of crap and not even worth the discounted price. My buddy that just started detecting got one, and I was shocked at how much worse it is even than my quick-draw-2. His son, while swinging the BH Junior, was finding WAY more repeatable signals, and deeper, too. Stay far away from that one, if you ask me.

I have to note that all bounty hunters are not crap. I had very good luck with my QD2 and it was an excellent machine on which to learn the fundementals of detecting.

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
BH makes excellent machines at great prices & they also stand behind their 5-year warranty. I sent mine in a couple times over the last 11 years for stuff like salt water getting in the housing, coil calibration etc. They once replaced my entire circuit board for just the one way cost of sending it to them.
They are ideal detectors for people who are curious about metal detecting and not sure about spending a ton of money. I am happy to say mine is still beeping along & the 10" Magnum coil I modified it with is golden. People assume (mistakenly) that more expensive detectors will automatically lead to more & better finds. In the hands of an experienced user who has done their research even a low end BH is wicked good....
HH
-spyguy

OP
OP
cache finder

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used the Time Ranger, so I can't comment. What I WILL say, however, is that the quicksilver is an unmitigated piece of crap and not even worth the discounted price. My buddy that just started detecting got one, and I was shocked at how much worse it is even than my quick-draw-2. His son, while swinging the BH Junior, was finding WAY more repeatable signals, and deeper, too. Stay far away from that one, if you ask me.

I have to note that all bounty hunters are not crap. I had very good luck with my QD2 and it was an excellent machine on which to learn the fundementals of detecting.

I wonder if it could be a defective machine, it does happen, my whites coil was defective and was giving me false signals and avoiding ones altogether.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread