Boxes of Cents?

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to get some opinions, since I'm new to the hobby, on how to best utilize my time. Since I'm coming up on a long weekend, I thought it might be a good time to try sifting through a box or two of something. I was thinking about 2 boxes of Cents, but I wanted to ask: Would my time be better spent searching through a different denomination of coin?

A quick background (if it helps): I began the hobby with an interest in cents and, more recently, have gotten silver fever (a big surprise, I'm sure). I'm not sure though, on a tight budget (about $100), that I could get anything other than a few boxes of cents. I know a box of pennies is $25 and a box of halves runs $500 but I'm fuzzy on the rest. (I just can't seem to memorize the beginners guide)

I guess the ultimate question is: Are boxes of cents a good option, or would I be better off searching through a different denomination (if I can afford it), or should I just forget about boxes on a small ($100) budget and try to stock up on CWRs for the weekend?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread